Chapter Seven

Katelyn's point of view

"Hi Calum." I said as I gave him a hug. Luke and Michael left, the door closing behind them.

"Hey munchkin." He said and I laughed. "Ashton is downstairs drumming a bit, if you want to say hi or something." He told me and I nodded.

"I will." I said and walked into their house some more. "Oh wait where's the basement and how do I get there?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Follow me." He said and I did. He opened a door that was behind their spiral staircase and then we walked down.

I saw Ashton sitting on his drum stool as he read some notebook. "Hi Ashton." I said loudly and he jumped.

"Fuck don't do that." He said and laughed. "Hey Kate, what's up?" He asked as I walked over to him.

"Nothing, just irritated that Michael keep playing with me. He's nice one day then he won't even look at me the next and it's whatever." I said and shrugged. "Oh hey I play this is music class."

"Drums?"

"This thing." I said as I tapped the golden plate. "It's a, a um, cymbals. They're cymbals! I just like clash them together because I can't play anything else." I said and he nodded.

"I have to use the bathroom. Ash, she's okay down here with you?" Calum asked and he nodded. "Okay, bye."

"How do you play this thing?" I asked him as I saw all the different drums and paddles and stuff. "It looks hard."

"It takes time to learn." He told me and I nodded. "I can show you if you want me to?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Please?" I asked and he stood up. I took his spot on the stool and he handed me his drumsticks. He took the notebook off the stool beside me and then took that spot. "I messed up your practicing, sorry."

"It's okay, I can practice later on." He said and I nodded. "Hit this one," he said and pointed to one. I did and then laughed as I blushed. "The drum darling, not my hand."

"Sorry, I got excited. I like banging things together and hitting things." I told him and he nodded. "It helps me keep my energy down because I'm very energetic and stuff."

"Same." He said and chuckled. "Hit this one -wait for my hand to move- and then his this one, at the same time though." He said and I did.

"Tap your foot on the pedal." He said and I did as he said. Once I did, I stopped because my arms just couldn't seem to remember the beat. "Multi-tasking is hard isn't ot?"

"How do you do this?" I asked and then tried again, but my foot did a different rhythm than my arms. "Oh my god." I said while laughing at how terrible I was doing.

"Like this." He said and kicked my stool, causing me to roll away since there were wheels on the bottom. I pouted and he grabbed his own drumsticks before he bag playing.

"Hey, not fair, I'm supposed to be learning." I said and kicked his stool away. He laughed and I took his spot behind the kit.

I began playing what he taught me and then stuck my tongue out as as I looked at him. He smiled brightly and then laughed as he tapped his foot to the beat.

He sat beside me and then began playing on some of the other parts. I think it was called the high tom drum and ride cymbal but I'm not sure.

"Keep that beat going." He said and and I nodded, hitting the snare, kick, and the hi-hat of the drum. He hummed and then I laughed as he bobbed his head, doing the same because I'm actually playing and it doesn't suck.