Chapter Sixteen

Katelyn's point of view

"Where are you going again?" Michael asked me as I tossed a black sweatshirt with a floral print anchor on my bed.

"I'm going to the mall with Jacob to pick up Halloween costumes. Don't worry, I'll send you pictures and see if it's 'appropriate' or not." I said and laughed.

"You better. If you come home with some tiny dress and long heels I will... I will ground you and you won't be able to leave the house for a month." He said and I laughed.

"Yes Michael." I said and tossed a black bandana on my bed aswell. "Can I get dressed now or are you going to be a pervert and stay in here?"

"I'm leaving, I'm leaving." He said and laughed. "There will be some money on the counter for you okay? Me and Luke will be in our room."

"Okay, thank you Micahel." I said and kissed his cheek. He nodded and then left the room, closing my door behind him.

I changed out of my pajamas and then threw the black sweatshirt on, fixing it because it was supposed to be off the shoulder. I yanked some black skinny jeans on and then tired the bandana around my head like a hairband.

I pinned my hair up into a messy but presentable bun and then I yanked on some black combat boots. I laced them up and then stood up, quickly fixing my make-up.

Once I finished, I left my bed room with my phone in my back pocket and then went downstairs. I grabbed the money they left for me and then put them behind my phone in my phone case.

I went to the door when there was a knock and I saw Jacob. "Hey, are you ready?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Bye guys! I'll be home soon!" I yelled and Michael yelled back at me that he knows everything and will find out if we do something inappropriate.

"Idiots." I muttered and Jacob laughed. We left the house and then I closed the door. I followed him to his car and I got into the passenger seat.

I buckled up and then looked at him. "I stopped by Macca's to pick up some french fries and drinks just in case you get hungry." He said and handed me a bag.

"I think I love you." I said and he laughed. I reached into the bag and munched on a fry. "You look good." I said and he chuckled.

"Thanks. You look amazing too, as always." He said as he pulled out of the driveway. I blushed and then mumbled a quick 'thank you' to him.

"I have an auxiliary chord in the glove department if you want to play music off your phone." He said and I nodded. I wiped my hands on my jeans and then opened the department.

I plugged it in and then turned my phone on. He chuckled and I immediately opened my music playlist. I put the shuffle and Jacob fixed the mode on the stereo.

The song Dracula by Bea Miller played and Jacob looked at me. "Who's this?" He asked and I nodded to the song, feeding him a french fry since he was driving.

"It's Bea Miller." I said and he nodded. "She's amazing." I told him and he just shrugged, telling me he couldn't make a judgement.

"I've got my type, tattoos and skinny jeans, black boots and piercings, a public enemy." I sang along and he chuckled.

"Ironic, don't you think? Take tattoos out, and you just described me." He said and I looked at him. He flashed me a smile and I laughed. "So-"

"Not a chance sunshine." I said and we laughed. He didn't seem to be serious so I guess I didn't come off as rude. I was joking after all.