Chapter Twenty-nine

Katelyn's point of view

"Ready to go out and look around the city?" Michael asked and I looked up from his laptop. "You're not even dressed. Come on." He whined and we both laughed.

"I'll be down in a bit Michael." I said and he nodded. He closed the door and then I set his laptop aside.

I opened my bag and pulled out a pair of maroon skinny jeans, a white peplum camisole, a pair of black boots, and then a leather jacket.

I threw them all on and then pulled some socks on before lacing the boots up. I brushed my hair out and then put it in a ponytail. I sprayed some perfume on and then began to fix my make-up.

When I finished, I turned his laptop off and then set it on the desk. I left the room and then sat down beside Michael. "Ready?"

"Yep." I said and smiled. "Come on. I want to see Los Angeles Michael. You've been here a lot, this is my first time here."

"Okay then, after we have breakfast we'll walk uh, I mean drive around. I can't really walk around the streets you know?" He said and I nodded.

"I know, that's fine." I said and he stood up. "Come on, let's go." I said and he laughed while nodding.

-

I sat down at a booth with Michael and he looked at me. "Have you spoke to Jacob lately?" He asked me.

"I texted him earlier off of your kik." I said and he nodded. "He got upset that we just left without telling him but he understood. Also, if Luke gets seen with some bruises, it's probably because of Jacob."

He nodded and then chuckled. "I have make-up so I covered up my bruise a bit. I'd hate for a fan to see it and ask about it." He told me and I nodded ad a guy came up to us.

"What can I-Michael. Hey man, what's up?" A familiar voice asked and I tensed a bit, not wanting to look up.

Is he following me or something?

"Hey dude, fly back already?" Michal asked and the guy said that he did. "I thought you'd want to spend some time with Luke. What are you doing here? Especially working as a waiter?"

"We'll my boy's girl is a fan and he's stopping by later. I'm gonna drop by a promise ring with her order and yeah. Besides, this is my side job, I can't just live off of being a lyricist." The guy said and I played with the table. "Katelyn, hey love, how are you?"

"I uh I'm doing alright." I said quietly and Michael asked if we knew each other.

"Yeah, I got to know her at the Halloween bash man. She's amazing, especially with her words. Do you speak any other languages? French?" He asked me, hinting at something but I wasn't sure what. I just knew his words didn't mean what they literally meant.

"L-Learning sp-spanish." I said and he nodded. I looked at Michael and he had his eyes narrowed slightly at his friend.

"When did you get to know each other? I didn't see you guys." Michael said, sounding a bit suspicious.

No matter how bad I wish he knew, I didn't want to face that embarrassment.

"Can I use the rest room?" I asked and Michael nodded. I got up and quickly made my way to the girl's bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and then washed my hands. I sighed and then closed my eyes before grabbing a paper towel. I wiped my hands and then looked in the mirror, staring into my own brown eyes

This guy, Michael and Luke's friend, he's everywhere. I swear to god he's everywhere and I'm freaking out. I didn't want to see him and I don't want to hear about him and I don't want to be around him.