Chapter Thirty-four

Katelyn's point of view

"Hi Jacob." I said and smiled to myself. "How have things been? How's the guys? Your work? Kaleb? Your family?"

"Hi Kate." He said and chuckled. "Everything is fine. I'm getting paid a little extra each hour since I'm coming in earlier and Kaleb just won a basketball game."

"That's great." I said and hummed. "How's Luke and Ashton?" I asked him.

"Ashton is fine. Bryana left but he's spending time with his family. As for Luke, he's still a wreck. I swear to god I can hear him crying when I pass by the house." He told me and I sighed.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He said and chuckled. "Off of this sad topic. How's school over there? How Calum and Michael? How are you?"

"I'm fine, a bit homesick but fine." I said and laid down on my back. "School is fine. The two are fine. Everything is fine."

"Not great? Not terrible?"

"A few bad things happened but I don't want to get into detail. It makes me uncomfortable." I said and he agreed, telling me I didn't have to tell him if I didn't want to.

"I miss you." He said and I sighed. "It's weird without you here. I got used to you calling before work and during my break. I also got used to driving you around places."

"I miss you too but at least you can buy yourself something nice with the money you save." I said and laughed. "I'd call you a lot but I don't want to bring up your phone bill. You know this call probably costs a fortune due to is being on different continents."

"I'd pay any price just to keep in touch." He said and I smiled a bit, a small giggle escaping my lips. "Anyways, how did you, Calum, and Michael spend Halloween?" He asked since it passed a week ago or so.

"We didn't do much we sat around and ate candy. We even jammed out a bit on the drums, bass, and guitar, it was cool. I learned like five of their songs and I also learned Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. It's the only song I know."

"That's amazing love." He said and chuckled. "That also sounds like a lot of fun, considering the fact Michael's an amazing guitarist. It probably drowned out the sound of your drumming."

"Hey." I whined and he laughed. "I'm a... decent drummer. Don't bash." I said and we laughed. "How did you spend it?"

"Took my little sister out trick or treating. She was the pink power ranger and she made me be the red one." He said and I smiled.

"How cute is that." I said and laughed. "You should have sent me pictures. You in a Power Rangers would have made my whole entire year." I said and he chuckled.

"I'll post them on instagram or something." He said and I nodded. "Anyways, so you're on break right now? Right?"

"Yeah, I have next week off for Thanksgiving." I said since it was Saturday. "Why? Thinking of dropping by?" I joked.

"I wish." He said and I chuckled. "I just need to find a way to miss a week of school during testing week and gain about two hundred dollars."

"I think we should stick to Skype, social media, and occasional phone calls for now." I said and he agreed with a chuckle.

"I dyed my hair recently." He told me and I gasped. "It's like a weird black and purple color. If you ask Michael about those colors, he'll know how I did it. It's like the same as his."

"I'll ask later on. He's talking shit about me with Calum." I said and he laughed. "I can hear you talking shit Clifford! You too Hood!"

"I just said you're doing well at school!" Michael yelled back and I laughed. I rolled my eyes and I could hear Jacob laugh aswell.