Chapter Thirteen

Katelyn's point of view

I walked into school, looking around for the blue haired boy who usually has black pants on. I was hoping he'd be here today because I really wanted to talk to him.

I couldn't find a blue haired boy, but I did find a pastel pink haired one. I went up to him and then tapped his shoulders, causing him to turn around.

I looked into his hazel eyes and then smiled. "What happened to being a smurf?" I asked him, trying not to look at the slight bruise on his cheek.

"What happened was it was fading and you said one of your favorite colors were pastel pink." He said and smiled. "What happened to uniform?"

"It was cold and I wanted skinny jeans, problem?" I asked and he shook his head before fixing my sweatshirt. He just coveted up my exposed collarbone, nothing much.

"Not at all love." He told me and I reached up to touch his face. My thumb lightly grazed his bruise and he laughed. "I'm fine."

"Where were you yesterday? Your mum said you ran away?" I said and he shook his head. "What happened?"

"I found some super cheap motel and stayed the night there after I went to my dad's. It was relaxing to be alone for awhile." He said and I nodded before giving him a hug. "Why?"

"Because I thought you didn't come because you didn't want to see me after that incident with Luke and Michael." I said and buried my head into his chest. "They weren't exactly the nicest to you."

"I'm fine though. It was a smack and a few ugly words, I'm fine." He told me and rubbed my back. "Anyways, um, want to go get some pizza after this? I'll pay."

"Sounds fun." I said and looked up at him. "I'd love to." I told him and he nodded as he took his lip ring between his teeth.

"What are you going to be for Halloween?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I was gonna be like some kind of demon angel. I don't know."

"All black. Nice." I said and he laughed as I threw my bag over my shoulder. "Maybe I'll do the same. I don't know, I'm bad with this."

"You want to match?"

"Wouldn't hurt." I said and he nodded. "Really inconvenient but Luke and Michael are throwing this Halloween party thing, you can come with if you want. They said they're willing to try and get to know you, and to apologize."

"No apology necessary but I'll see. I usually take my younger sister out trick or treating because mum is always working." He said and I nodded.

"It's a little bit before the actual holiday, no need to worry." I said and he nodded. "You'll come?"

"Why not? Sounds like fun." He said and smiled. "I don't hold grudges so I'm down I guess."

"You're amazing." I said and hugged him again as the bell rang. "We need to get to class. Come on."

"Okay."

-

The last bell rang and I threw all my textbooks in my locker. I put my bag over my shoulder and then made my way out of the school.

"Did Luke and Michael really adopt you?"

"Did Michael actually hit Jacob?"

"Did Luke bruise you? Is that because of Luke?"

"I heard they're throwing a Halloween bash, can you get me in?"

"Katelyn! What did you do that made Luke and Michael so angry?"