Chapter Thirty-two

Katelyn's point of view

I sat on my bed at midnight, my eyes burning as I force them to stay open. I had so much homework to do and it had to get done before tomorrow, Friday.

Are teachers unaware that we have five other classes than their own?

I continued writing and then yawned a bit. I looked at the multiple equations and my mind went blank.

What was slope intercept form? What was rise over run? Which one was x1 and y2? Which one means positive? Which means negative? How do you graph this again?

I huffed and threw the papers on the floor. It hasn't even been a week and I'm already stressing over homework. My mind already wants to give up.

I sighed and then looked at the mess of papers on the floor. After those thirty problems, I have homework on figurative language, homework on the melting points of the elements, and then Spanish homework for a test tomorrow.

I ran my hands through my hair and then tugged on it. I took a few deep breaths, trying to get my head screwed back on, and then I heard a knock at the front door.

It's midnight, midnight, who would that be? Halloween isn't until Saturday, so why?

I got up, since I was positive Michael would be asleep, and then walked downstairs, flipping almost every light switch on.

I am not dying because I forgot to turn on the damn lights.

I went to the porch and flipped that light on, looking through the peephole. I saw a familiar face and I sighed. He know someone is awake already so fuck it.

I opened the door and looked at Calum. "You're up? I thought Michael would be up." He said and walked in. "Why are you up?"

"Homework." I said and he nodded. "Michael is asleep." I said as I locked the front door.

"Damn." He said and sighed. "I'm gonna crash here for tonight, I'm tired as shit after that flght. Go to sleep yourself, don't worry about homework."

"Can't, but goodnight." I said and then went upstairs as I turned lights off. I went to my room and then yawned.

I was so tired.... but I needed to finish my honework.

-

"Why the hell are you here Calum?"

"Luke won't even leave his bedroom unless it's for beer! Come on man, you have to talk to him, you and Katelyn." I heard Calum yell and I hummed.

"I don't want to. He's not emotionally and mentally stable-"

"But it's worse when you're not there." Calum argued and I stirred a bit. "He's a wreck and he won't stop crying and drinking. He'll drink himself into death."

"I don't care-"

"Well you fucking should. Maybe you two have problems-"

"Problems? Try physical abuse." Michael said and I sat up a bit. I looked around and realized that it was way past the beginning of school and I had a graph stuck to my face.

"Okay, that's a big thing, but you have to remember Michael. You two having problems not only effects you two, but the band and Katelyn aswell." Calum said. "If you can't do it for the sake of Muke, do it for the band and for the fans and for Katelyn."

"I don't want-"

"Do you want what's best for you? Or do you want what's best for this band that we've spent almost five years in? Is it all about you? Can't you just put aside your pride and do it for the sake of our careers and Katelyn's life? Having no parents is hard, having one parent is harder, but having two parents who argue nonstop and can't even look at each other must be the worst." Calum said and I stood up.