Chapter Nineteen

Katelyn's point of view

"Michael?" I asked as I sat at the table. He hasn't talked to us all day after he yelled at Luke for the prank.

I kind of understand, the prank was more cruel than funny...

"Let it go." Luke mumbled and I nodded as I forked some of the salmon on my plate into my mouth. "Anyways, um, do you want to work with the dress later on or do it tomorrow?"

"Maybe later on. I really want to get it done so I can post pictures of it on twitter and stuff." I said and he nodded.

"We can do it after dinner." He told me and I nodded as it went awkwardly silent.

My phone rang and the two looked at me. "Can I answer it? It's rude to use your phone at the table." I said and Luke nodded.

I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and then pressed it against my ear. "Hello?" I asked and I heard a chuckle.

"Hey love," I heard Ashton's voice and I hummed. "Bryana told me to ask you of you're free Thursday. I texted you but I didn't get a reply."

"Haven't checked my phone, I'm sorry Ashton. I'll check next time so you don't have to call." I said and Luke looked at me. "I don't think I'm doing anything on Thursday, no. Why?"

"She's off and wants to have a girl's day out with you. Hey, I'm cool with it. It gives me tine to go to the store and buy her that necklace." He said and I chuckled.

"That's sweet, and I'll ask." I said and looked at the two guys across from me. "Bryana wants to go shopping with me on Thursday, is that okay?"

"Of course, she's a nice girl." Luke said and Ashton laughed. "Just please be careful, she'll get you into trouble somehow. She's a little reckless sometimes."

"True." Ashton said and I nodded, laughing lightly. "So that's a yes then. I'll tell her that you can. Don't tell her about the necklace though, just say I have a meeting. I'm surprising her with dinner and stuff."

"Aww you're that boyfriend." I said and he laughed. "Anyways, I won't tell her. I don't like getting in the middle of romance and I don't want to be a cockblock... again." I said and he huffed.

"Exactly. So, I'll let you go now. Bye Katelyn, goodnight." He said and I chuckled.

"Bye Ash, and goodnight." I said and then hung up. I put my phone away and chuckled. "I'm glad she likes me, I think I'd freak if she didn't."

"Yeah, she likes almost everyone." Luke said and I laughed. "Anyways, finish your food so we can get working on your dress before it gets too late."

"Okay, I will." I said and nodded. I ate some more of my food and Luke laughed. "What time is it?" I asked after I swallowed.

"Almost seven, why?" He asked me and I nodded. "Have a date or something?" He asked me.

"Yes, it's me and my bed." I told him and he laughed. "No uh it's just I call Jacob at his break time and if I'm in time, I can stop him from having his cigarette."

"You know that he smokes during his break?" Luke asked and I nodded. "He told you that?"

"He tells me little things like that. The most personal ones though are usually just pushed away, we don't talk about personal things much." I told him and he nodded.

He looked at his food and then chuckled. "You guys act like a couple." He said and the first reaction from Michael since that prank happened.

He scowled but remained silent.