Chapter Ten

Katelyn's point of view

When I woke up, I had an arm around my shoulders and I was freezing cold. I shivered and reached for a blanket but there was none.

I rubbed my eye with the back of my hand and sat up, looking around blankly. My mind was literally like turned off and nothing could process.

"Where am I?" I asked myself and then sneezed, again, and again, and again, and again.

"Stop it." Someone said and I looked beside me. "You sneeze loudly." He said and my eyes widened. I jumped up and then cried out in pain as I hit my head on the roof of the playground.

"Jesus fucking Christ." I said and grabbed my head. He laughed and I looked at him. I pushed him and his eyes widened as he fell backwards into the slide. "Bitch." I said and laughed a bit as I hugged myself.

I walked down the stairs of the playground and net him at the bottom. "I need to get home." I said and groaned. "I don't want to see Lu-Oh my god school." I said panicked and Jacob set a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey-"

"Luke is going to be so pissed and Michael will probably punch me because I didn't come home. Then Ashton will be disappointed and Calum will give me a long ass, unnecessary lecture about how he was in high school and then I'll die because no one gives a shit about the fact he put glue inside of a teachers hat-"

"Katelyn, calm down." Jacob said and he grabbed my jaw. I looked at him and he seemed both amused and concerned. "Breathe okay?" He said and I nodded.

"Okay."

"Now, you won't get punched. You're fine. They'll be upset but not pissed angry. I promise you that they'll just be glad you're home. As for school, it's one day, just one. You're allowed to miss a day." He told me and I nodded.

"Okay. I got it. I'm fine." I said and he let go of me. I took a deep breath and then sneezed again, causing Jacob to jump backwards. I laughed and he glared at me playfully.

"Okay Ms. Achoo, let's get you home." He said and I nodded. "I um, my car should be aired out a bit so if you need me to drive you, I will. It's freezing." He said.

"Please?" I asked and he nodded. I followed him to an all black car and then got in the passenger seat after he unlocked it.

He rolled down one window to air the car out some more after he turned the car on, and then he started it. I buckled my seat belt and he turned the radio down.

He looked at my seat belt and then he put his own on before reversing out of the parking lot. "I know this song." I said and then turned the radio up a bit.

"You're going to have to tell me how to get to your house love." He said and I nodded as I pointed to the right when he hit a stop sign.

"I'ma smoke this joint then I'ma break you off," I sang along and he rolled his eyes at me. "It comes on a lot in my defense. I know the lyrics." I said and he changed the station.

"It's inappropriate."

"You're inappropriate."

"I know." He said and I rolled my eyes as this new song came on. The beat was nice and so were the riffs so I didn't try to change it.

"This is the good stuff you should know, not that other garbage people call music." He said and I laughed. "I'm sorry if you actually like that kind if music, I myself hate it."

"I listen to everything." I said and shrugged. "Take a left." I said and he nodded as he did.

"What's smoking like?" I asked him and he looked at me quickly as I eyed the pack of cigarettes in the cup holder.