Chapter Thirty-five

Katelyn's point of view

"Christmas is coming up." Michael told me and I nodded. "Should we head back to Sydney soon?"

"I still have school." I said and he nodded. "I mean, if timing is more convenient now, I'm so down for it. It'll get me out of testing."

"Yeah, never mind. We'll head out during your next break, after all your tests." He told me and I nodded.

"I'm bored and Calum left already." I said and he shrugged. "It's also really cold." I said and he nodded.

"It is." He told me and nodded. "Want to go mess around on the drums and guitar?"

"Not feeling it right now." I said and he nodded. "Want to play some games?"

"Nah." He dismissed and I nodded. The doorbell rang and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'll get it." He said and I nodded as I pulled my phone out.

I looked at my Kik message and then saw that Nick texted me. 'Happy thanksgiving my Australian bitch' he said and I laughed.

I sent him the same thing and then someone bursted into the house. I nearly dropped my phone as I saw who it was and I looked at him.

"Katelyn." He breathed out as if he thought that he was hallucinating. "You dyed your hair."

"Yeah." I said and he chuckled. I ran up to him and he wrapped his arms around me. "I missed you so much Jacob." I said and he picked me up.

"God, it's hell without you, honestly." He said and ran a hand through my hair. "You keep me even the slightest bit sane."

Caught up in the moment of happiness, I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed me back and I ran my hands through his hair.

"I missed you Mikey." I heard Luke's voice and Jacob buried his face in my neck. "God, I missed you so much, baby."

"You look even more beautiful than before." Jacob said and I blushed. "I missed you." He told me again and I nodded.

"How did you get here?" I asked him as he set me down. "Why are you here? What about school? Work? Your sister?"

"Luke and I decided that we needed you two in our lives and decided to grow some balls and do something about it. Everything else wasn't as important or was taken care of." He said and I smiled. "It took a little over two hundred dollars but we're here after two flights and like three days."

"What happened?"

"There wasn't a direct flight so we got off at Miami and came here from there." He said and I nodded. "God. I missed you though."

"Can I uh kiss you again?" I asked him and he nodded. I leaned up and then pressed my lips against his.

"Break it apart kids-"

"Leave it Luke, clearly they miss each other just as much as we did." Michael said and I blushed as Jacob pressed his forehead against mine.

"Tell me you're coming home soon." Jacob said quietly and I looked into his pretty hazel eyes. "Please."

"I am, soon." I said and he nodded as he smiled at me. "For now, let's appreciate the fact Muke aren't fighting and we just kissed without getting our heads chopped off." I said and he nodded.

"That's always a relief." He said and kissed my cheek. We pulled away and I looked at Luke. I haven't seen him in a long time.

He smiled smally and I ran up to him, practically tackling him in a hug. He hugged me back and I buried my face into his shirt. "I'm so fucking sorry princess." He said and I sniffled.