Chapter Forty-five

Katelyn's point of view

"Katelyn, darling wake up. My mum wants everyone up to take some family photos and to go out for dinner. It's noon." Luke said and I grumbled.

"Why do your guys' families like going out for dinner and doing stuff?" I groaned and he laughed. "I'm tired."

"If you get up I'll buy you an extra Christmas present." He said and I considered it. "I'll buy you two extra presents."

"You didn't have to, but okay." I said and nodded. "Let me get dressed real quick." I told him and opened my eyes.

"Good." He said and nodded. I watched him leave the room and I huffed.

I put my hands on the bed and tried to get myself up by doing a pushup, but it wasn't happening. I groaned and rolled off of the bed, standing up right after.

"I need to practice those." I said and grabbed my toothbrush out of my bag. I opened the door and went to the bathroom down the hall, quickly brushing my teeth and using some of the mouthwash that was there.

I left after washing my face and then put my toothbrush somewhere in a bag inside of my suitcase. I grabbed a plain black dress that looked like my Halloween dress, without blood, and then my pink leather jacket.

I pulled a pink bow out from a pocket in the suitcase and and then grabbed an extra pair of socks.

I quickly changed into it and then grabbed my brush off of the nightstand. I looked in the mirror and quickly brushed my hair out, putting it up into a high ponytail.

I clipped the bow in front of it and then tightened the dress some more in the back. I pushed the skirt down a bit since it had some volume to it and then sat down so I could put my boots on.

When I finished and put on the same jewelry as I had yesterday. I fixed the choker around my neck and then grabbed my purse, pulling my make-up and perfume out of it.

"Katelyn? Are you awake yet?" I heard Celeste ask and my door opened. "You are." She said and I nodded.

"Morning." I said and noticed she was dressed similar to I was, except her jacket was more of a blazer and she had flats on. "Or, afternoon rather. It's like one."

"That's why we woke you up." She said and chuckled as she walked in. "I love your dress." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and then began to do my make-up. "Not that I don't appreciate your company, do you need anything?" I asked her politely.

"Luke wanted me to make sure you're awake. He would have done it but he's paranoid of opening doors after waking someone up. He said he walked in on you changing once?" She said and I laughed.

"That wasn't much fun." I said and shuddered. "He saw a little more than a parent should see, let's put it that way." I said and she laughed.

"You wear so much make-up?" She asked as she picked up tube after tube and pallette after pallette.

"It looks like a lot but it isn't." I said and took the eyeshadow from her. "Make-up makes me feel better about myself, not that I'm super insecure on how I look normally."

"Same." She said and chuckled. "Guys need to understand that." She said and I nodded as I continued to fix my make-up.

"Michael and my boyfriend don't understand it. Luke doesn't care all that much." I said and she nodded.

"Here, I'll fix your hair as you put your make-up on." She said as she grabbed my brush. I shrugged and she began to brush my hair again.

-