Irony

"Darling, tell me, have you ever loved someone so much that you've almost gave everything your all?" He asked her, voice soothing, like an afternoon nap.

"Reduced your heart into splintering bones from the tomb of your own grave, seeking infiltration, yearning to be found by graverobbers and see the light. You gave your color, and your eyes to see in a wider scale; haunted by your tunnel vision, and it was black and white, just like your world once was..."

"Darling, have you scraped your knee by falling into many pits and traps? You climbed up and fell one too many times. Broken a leg, A fractured arm, and painfully sprained knees accompanied with a cough that seemed to hold the murky smog of the city at night. No bandages around, I hope you didn't wrap yourself up with your own skin, peeling layers to help heal other damaged areas. But there was one place you've never tried to tend to. A place where thorns wrapped with the concept of emotion, tied in an undecipherable knot you cannot untie, bleeding relentlessly; you've never seen such a peaceful being cry."

"A heart that longed to beat, synchronized with another heart that was too far to reach. A heart confined underneath layers of sullied curtains, a standing ovation that never came, and the claps of many echoed emptily in this dark, silken red space. A heart that had a withdrawal; trying to stop the unimaginable flow of hurt and enraged wine, having a seizure with little to no reason why. A heart that believed in beautiful sorrows, only to be changed with a thought of dying tomorrow. A heart close to the rapid speed of gravity; continuous and constant, pulling you down to the ground as it flattens you with their intangible force, stamping you to low-quality, like a bottle cap on the floor."

"Darling, was I correct? Have you been trampled on, without them knowing? A silly mouse in a cage of axes and knives, tiptoeing gracefully, you've been. Have you, though? Gave everything your all...?" He asked tentatively, seemingly out of breath from the spiel.

"Yes." She said mutely, too resolute for a breath, too short for his whole world.

"I'm sorry, but, yes."

And all it took was that one word, to collapse and cave in - everything with his all.

//k.u.