Mistakes, and a whole lot more

Mistakes. Here, the fabulous picture that has garnered your most undivided attention, is the very evidence of years fought and triumphed. Years of doubts, hardwork, mistakes, a dash of laziness here and there, but most importantly, years of fighting the good fight; taking those excrutiatingly slow steps to a goal worth braving the day for. All those years of experience, of learning, only to culminate into this massive implosion of euphoria, of passing the first hurdle of our youth— this, here, is an empirical indication of that point in our life. It is the line that we cut in the end of our year-long marathon. We are graduating, and we are going to be those said graduates in a few days. Own it. Be it. We are graduates.

We are here, on this milestone only we can experience once in our lifetime, immortalized to a frame, beaming a smile of adoration of one's self awareness of the known fact of having all those hard times that you have endured, that you encountered on the earliest rollercoaster ride of your existence have been your, if anything, greatest feat as of yet! We swam against the current, caught in the storms, tasted the calm light of day, and have experienced the downfalls of life that led you to the dark; look at you now, though. You're beautiful, strong, reaching for the stars, an eager look on the both of our faces, eyes open wide for what the future will bring. A momentuous, iconic event that only you can experience for yourself, and relate to others.

I would like to thank all the people who I have met, to those who left, to those who I had disagreements with, to those who stood and still stand by my side; good or bad, I am thankful for all of your presence. I would've turned out to be a wholly different person if you had not been there. To my cousins, siblings, and parents— to my family— I can't begin to express the gravity of my gratitude, but I think a simple "thanks for everything and everything that will," might be enough for now. I want to thank my alma mater, UST, for taking me on this crazy joyride, but I'm thankful nonetheless. I also extend my thanks to all who I have influenced, one way or another, and vice versa.

Mistakes. Mistakes will be made no matter what we do. We all try to do our best, but sometimes we go down, two steps further than the place we once were. It's a must. It's a learning experience we need to accomplish in our life, because, like it or not, mistakes, in all kinds of forms, will always take place in all of the the events in the span of your life; the greatest thing about this is you have the choice to bear with it, and brace yourself for all what life throws at you, or writhe in the ground, crestfallen, calling out to the skies "Unfair!" for dear life, and sometimes, you do end up as that, but remember, you do have the choice to stand up on your own two feet, making a statement of yourself, proving yourself you're more than than your predestined adversaries. I believe we experience everything for a reason, and fate, as I believe it to be, happens all around us. The mistakes, the unfairness, the pain, the struggle— you take it in your hand and clasp it along side you, near your beating heart. Take the day, stride by stride, chin held up high, longing for the best future you can bring for the ones who need it, for us, and for you. One day, you'll be in the end of the line, smiling, because it's never going to be this good without all that. That struggle. We are not defined by the experience, we get to define it. We are not what experience made us out to be, we are the experience. Now, when was the last time you took a step back?

//k.u.

***

Notes: I have officially graduated High School! I'm an oncoming college freshman this August. I haven't updated in a while, and I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise on the new poems. I can't say anything that's absolute, but I can say that I'll do something about my wattpad account, and its future, of course! Quick tip: these past 2 years, lots of shit happened. If you're still reading this, whether new or have been reading this poetry book from the start, keep fighting. Life's shit, but do your best to steer away from the negatives. There's a lot of things to experience still, don't let obstacles make you think it isn't worth the next day. You're worth it, this is worth it. We're all in this together!

Talk to me in my twitter or ig!
IG: ken_sio_
Twitter: _kensio