Chapter 10: Invisible Thing

Aphmau and Laurence were looking through the forest for Garroth.

Where is he? I'm starting to get worried again. Thought Aphmau. Zane couldn't of taken Garroth away that easily right? I mean not without a fight. What if he tranquilized Garroth! We should have checked the docs first! Stupid. We could be wasting our time doing this.

Then Laurence talked "So Aphmau , now that we are alone-"

Speaking of wasting time. "No. Laurence, we don't have time for this." said Aphmau. Just then she saw someone in the distance leaning against a tree. She recognized him anywhere. Garroth! She ditched the direction Laurence was walking in and ran to Garroth. She was talking so fast while she was running it sounded like one word. "OhmygoshGarrothIwassoworriedthatZanetookyouagainstyourwillandI'mjustsohappyyouare-" she ran into something and fell. She got up. "Ow" she mouthed. Aphmau looked up there was nothing in her way. No tree or anything. She got up and walked into the invisible thing in her way. That's weird. She walked to the right then walked into it again. Aphmau walked to the left then walked yet again into the invisible thing. Uh...

"Aphmau! Don't run off like that!" said Laurence. "Oh. You found him."

Garroth wasn't looking at them. Does he see us?  "Garroth?" Does he know about the invisible thing? "Hello? Garroth?" said Aphmau. He didn't notice. She put her hands onto the invisible thing.

"Now isn't the time to be a mime Aphmau." said Laurence.

"No. I think... there is a force field or barrier around him." said Aphmau.

Laurence put his hand onto the barrier. "Oh. Now I get it. Do you think its sound proof?"

She looked at Garroth. "Yes." Aphmau said. "Zoe may know something about it. Go get her."

"What? No I'm not leaving you here alone." said Laurence.

"I'm not alone. Garroth is here." Said Aphmau.

Laurence didn't budge.

"Go. Get. Zoe. That's an order." ordered Aphmau.

Laurence sighed. "What if something happened to you?"

"I can fight you know." said Aphmau.

"I know but-"

"Go. Get. ZOE!" yelled Aphmau. "You are the last thing I need to deal with right now Laurence! Just do as your told and get Zoe! Now."

"Ok fine. You win." said Laurence. He started to walk away.

Aphmau knocked on the barrier. Garroth looked up. Her hands were still on the barrier. He noticed finally! Wait. He looks sad (perhaps he already found Zane). Garroth walked closer. He looks almost heartbroken. Aww. I wish I could hug him. Stupid barrier. Just then the barrier went away. She fell into Garroth and she knocked him off balance so he fell over too. Oh my gosh I'm on top of him! They both blushed of embarrassment. Uh this is awkward. There was silence between the two. Aphmau got up. So did Garroth. 

"I... uh..." said Aphmau. Then Aphmau remembered what she was going to say before the "fall". "Garroth. I'm so glad to see you. I thought Zane captured you or something."

"Wait. What?" Garroth asked.

"Ya. I... I saw Zane at the barn then he disappeared. So yah." said Aphmau. "Then you were nowhere to be seen so I got really nervous that you got taken or something."

Garroth looked behind her in fear.

"What is it?" asked Aphmau. "Whats wrong?"

There was silence.

"Brother, Aphmau, how are you?"