Chapter 20: Dead?

The video above was music that I listened to while I was making this chapter. I thought that it might go well with whats going on. ~Gravityfallsfan22

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aphmau froze once she heard the news. She didn't move, blink or breath.

It collapsed? With Garroth inside? Aphmau thought. No...no no no no NO! She started to tear up. Does that mean?... no.

Cadenza put her hand on Aphmau's shoulder. "I'm sorry Aphmau." said Cadenza. She looked like she was crying before Aphmau got there. Everyone looked like they were or almost crying.

"This... this can't be." said Aphmau. She backed up to a tree and sat down.

"I wish there was something that I could've done." said Molly.

Aphmau shook her head. "There was nothing you could do Molly. Fate is cruel." said Aphmau.

"Fate is one of the best and worst things in the world." said Kawii~Chan.

"Fate is cruel, and it always will be." said Logan.

"Logan!" said Donna.

The people continued to talk, but Aphmau didn't listen. She was too caught up in her own thoughts. He can't be dead. He just can't. He's Garroth. I... I need him. I don't believe it. Garroth isn't dead. I won't believe until I see it.

Then Aphmau got up and ran away from everyone. She heard them calling for her to come back but she ignored them. Aphmau let her feet carry her to where she had to go. She felt herself pick up speed. Aphmau ran across the ash, burnt wood and cracked stone. She didn't care if she fell and hurt herself or not. Aphmau climbed up the rubble that was once her stairs to her house. As soon as she got to the top Aphmau fell to her knees and started to dig through the rubble that was once her home. She didn't know why she was doing this, at the moment only Aphmau's feelings were in control. She felt a tug at her arm. Aphmau looked over, it was Lucinda.

"What are you doing Aphmau?" Lucinda asked.

"I... I don't know." said Aphmau with tears in her eyes.

Lucinda hugged Aphmau. She let her tears go and started to cry.

"Is-is Garroth dead?" asked Aphmau.

Lucinda patted Aphmau's back. "I'm sorry Aphmau... but yes."

Aphmau collapsed into Lucinda's arms. She cried in agony. Aphmau felt like around 798,800 people were crying with her. Uncontrollable tears streamed from her eyes. Aphmau tightened her grip around Lucinda. "WHY?!" Aphmau screamed.

"Its ok Aphmau. Let it out." said Lucinda.

Aphmau cried more than she ever thought she would, ever.

"He's in a better place now." said Lucinda.

"I know." said Aphmau.

"We'll see his star tonight." Lucinda said.

"I know." said Aphmau. "Lucinda?"

"Yes Aphmau?" asked Lucinda.

"I know that the rest of the village will stay in Mateli, but can I stay at your place instead of me going with them?" asked Aphmau.

"Of course Lady Aphmau." said Lucinda.

"GARROTH USED TO CALL ME "LADY APHMAU"!!!!" cried Aphmau.

"Sorry Aphmau." said Lucinda.

Aphmau's heart felt like it was being teared into one million pieces. He's dead. Garroth's dead.