The Final Chapter: The Deal

Aphmau felt confused by Zane's statement.

"Know too much?" repeated Aphmau "What does tha-"  

"I TOLD YOU GUYS ZANE WAS GOING TO KILL US!!!" interrupted Katelyn.

"How do we know too much?" asked Kiki.

"Well for starters, Katelyn and Dante." said Zane pointing to them "They were part of the Jury Of Nine. Therefore they have been at secret meetings, so... they are aware of what I've been planing. You Aphmau, know what I've already done experiment wise. As for Kiki, she knows what I plan to do with Leona." Zane snapped his fingers. "Tie these two up."

One pair of The Jury Of Nine members grabbed Kiki and tied her to a tree. Another pair did the same to Aphmau. How come I'm just now noticing how big these trees are? Aphmau thought.

"I will never let our daughter grow up to be your apprentice Zane!" said Kiki "Not while I'm alive!"

Zane walked over to where Kiki was tied up. "That's the plan." he said. Zane turned around. He was about to walk away from her, but Zane turned back around. He said "By the way... Leona actually isn't our daughter. She's yours don't get me wrong, but she isn't mine." Zane walked away from Kiki to let it sink in.

"W- what?!" said Kiki "Y-you lied to me?!"

"I figured it would be best for you to know before you die." said Zane.

Aphmau could see the hurt and forming tears in Kiki's eyes.

"Whoa. Truth bomb much?" said Dante.

"Alright." said Zane "Now that we have that out of the way, who would like do die first?"

There was a long silence.

Aphmau calmed herself and started so slowly channel her dark energy. "None of us are going to die." said Aphmau.

"What makes you think that?" Zane said.

"Because I'll use my power to kill you if you don't let us go." said Aphmau.

"Aphmau!" yelled Katelyn.

Zane laughed. "You couldn't kill anyone Aphmau. Even me."

"Why's that?" asked Aphmau.

"Because your too nice. You believe everyone has some good in them." said Zane.

Aphmau smirked. "True. That also means that everyone has some evil within them too."

"I thought you were done with this act Aphmau." said Dante nervously.

"Well then there's an encore." said Aphmau. She channeled her energy to make Zane stay in the position he was in. Aphmau made him float in the air. The other Jury Of Nine members rushed towards her, but Aphmau did to them as she did Zane before they could reach her. Aphmau made Zane float closer to her, up until they were practically nose to nose. "I'll tell you one more time. You will let us all go." Aphmau really didn't want to do this, but it was the only way she could think of that could convince Zane to let her friends go.

Zane laughed. "I can see your effort Aphmau, but Freezing me and making me hover above the ground isn't gonna work." He said.

"Aphmau are you crazy?" said Katelyn "There's no reasoning with him!"

"She's right Aphmau." said Zane "Might as well give up, and accept your fate. Garroth is waiting for you after all."

Anger started to boil in Aphmau's veins. She used her dark magic tighten her grip on Zane. Tighter and tighter and tighter and tighter. She wanted him to hurt after that his statement. Aphmau gritted her teeth. "Don't. You. Dare. Mention. Garroth."

Zane looked very uncomfortable, but showed no sign of pain. "How does it feel? To use your darker side of your magiks instead if your light? I can tell you are angry. I can teach you how to use your power properly."

"Don't do it Aphmau!" said Kiki.

"I don't need your help." said Aphmau. "I'd rather die than work with you. Now I'll tell you one more time. Let us go."

Zane smirked. "Let's have a deal." he said "I let your friends go along with Leona."

"What's the catch?" asked Aphmau.

Zane replied. "I get to kill you right now."

"Well this has been escalating quickly." said Katelyn.

"What about the whole "teaching you how to use your powers properly" thing?" asked Aphmau.

"You said that you'd rather die, remember?" said Zane.

Aphmau was silent.

"Do we have a deal?" asked Zane.

"Aphmau don't do it!" said Dante.

"You'll let them go in peace?" asked Aphmau.

"What?" said Kiki.

"Yes, we will let them go in peace." said Zane.

"You won't follow them?" asked Aphmau.

"She isn't actually thinking about doing this. Is she?" said Katelyn.

"We won't follow them." said Zane.

"You won't attack Phoenix Drop because of them?" ashed Aphmau.

"Don't do this Aphmau." said Dante.

"We won't." said Zane.

Aphmau sighed. "Deal." She said while releasing Zane and the other Jury Of Nine members.

"NO!" yelled Dante.

"APHMAU YOU CAN'T!" yelled Katelyn.

Kiki started to cry. "Aphmau... why?"

Aphmau couldn't look at her friends. "I'm sorry." she said.

"Alright Aphmau. How would you like to die?" asked Zane. "Bow and arrow? Slit throat? Stabbed repeatedly?"

I guess whichever causes the least amount of pain. Aphmau thought. "Bow and arrow?"

"Excellent choice Lady Aphmau." said Zane. He pulled out an enchanted bow, he also grabbed an enchanted arrow. "Any preference on where to get shot?"

"H-head." said Aphmau nervously. "D-Dante? T-tell Levin and Malichi I love them."

Dante was looking away so she couldn't see him crying. He swallowed. "Of course." said Dante.

Zane readied his arrow.

Out of the corner of Aphmau's eye, she saw a flashing light. Although no one else seemed to notice.

"Ready Aphmau?" asked Zane.

Aphmau nodded.

"One." said Zane "Two.....Three!"

What happened next felt like it was happening in slow motion.

The arrow coming closer and closer. Then, a bright light charges from behind a nearby tree taking it's bright sword out. A loud clang, as the sword and enchanted arrow hit one another. The blade, deflecting the arrow back to Zane, hitting him directly into his head. A strong force that knocks the Jury Of Nine off their feet, onto the ground. And a flash so bright Aphmau had to close her eyes.

As Aphmau opened her eyes, everyone was untied from the trees, Kiki had Leona in her arms, Zane was dead, the Jury Of Nine nowhere in sight, and the most shocking thing of all. Aphmau gasped and started to cry tears of joy.

Aphmau saw Garroth.

He was no longer made of stars.

He was there, and he was human.

He was back.

Garroth was alive.