Chapter 28: Does She Know?

Aphmau felt a wave of nervousness.

"Uh... news? What news?" asked Aphmau.

"Don't worry Aphmau. This news is good." said Lillian.

Aphmau let out a sigh of relief. "Ok then. What is it?" she asked.

"It's about Alexis." said Lillian.

"What is it?" asked Aphmau.

"Aphmau, Alexis has magical powers!" said Lillian.

"S-she does?" said Aphmau.

"Yes! Her powers are just like mine, but she says the future in rhyme. Instead of just talking." said Lillian.

"That's amazing!" said Aphmau.

"Isn't it though? Alexis is going to be just like me." said Lillian "I would teach her more about her powers, but she's too young."

"Were did she get her powers?" asked Aphmau "Do you know?"

"I believe that it was because of the necklace that cursed her." said Lillian.

"I thought she was cured from that thing?" said Aphmau.

"She is, I was just thinking that it might be an effect from the necklace that's all." said Lillian "Who knows, maybe it was just a one time thing."

"Well it's nice to know that she isn't cursed still." said Aphmau.

"Indeed." said Lillian. She scanned Aphmau with her eyes. "You look tired Aphmau are you ok?"

"Huh? Oh ya, I just finished building Kiki's house." said Aphmau.

"Oh really?" said Lillian.

"Ya." said Aphmau "Boy am I tired though!"

"I'll leave you to rest then. Get as much sleep as possible Aphmau." said Lillian. "I don't want to see you leave this house until tomorrow morning at lunchtime."

"Uh..." said Aphmau.

"I'm serious. You just built a house." said Lillian. "Stay here until I say so. You need to catch up on sleep." As Lillian was about to leave she turned around. "Don't leave until then. I'll be keeping an eye on you." then Lillian left the room.

Well that's not creepy at all. Aphmau thought. I need to see Laurence at sunrise though... what if she knows about it, and she's trying to prevent it? Nah.

Then she fell asleep on her bed.