Chapter 14: Crush?!

Garroth told Aphmau about how he saw her kiss Laurence. Aphmau told him that it never happened. So together they decided that Zane made up the whole kiss thing as an illusion because Zane himself that they talked to was an illusion. Also that was the only reasonable explication. Unless one of them was lying and they would never lie to each other.

After that, Aphmau went to her room standing and hitting her forehead agents the wall with a thunk.

"Why" Thunk "do I" Thunk "think" Thunk "the" Thunk "things" Thunk "I" Thunk "do" Thunk "when" Thunk "I'm" Thunk "near" Thunk "Garroth." Thunk!

Aphmau stopped because it was starting to hurt her head. Then someone knocked on her door.

"Come in." said Aphmau.

It was Zoe. "Aphmau! Are you ok? It sounded like a fight was going on."

"No I'm fine." said Aphmau. "Just questioning my sanity."

"Wha? You seem fine to me." said Zoe.

"Ya, although you never hear what I'm thinking." said Aphmau.

"Ok, what do you think is wrong with your sanity?" asked Zoe.

"I just don't get it that's all." said Aphmau "I'm perfectly fine when I'm with any other person, but when I'm near this one person I think stupid things and feel something I've never felt before."

"What kind of stupid thoughts and feelings?" asked Zoe.

"I don't know... like...um..." Aphmau couldn't think of what to say.

"Is this one person Garroth?" asked Zoe.

How did she know? Oh no! I just remembered! She likes Garroth! Oh no! What do I say? Thought Aphmau.

"Its ok if it is Aphmau." said Zoe. "I've come to realize that I can never be with Garroth anyway."

"Wait. What?" said Aphmau.

"Ya I've come to realize that I'm like more than 900 years older than him, so it will probably never work out. Besides, you two have more chemistry with each other." said Zoe.

"Wow Zoe. You took that gracefully." said Aphmau.

"Ya well... I guess I fell in love with his looks not his personality." said Zoe. "That should never happen."

"Ya." said Aphmau.

"So what do you feel around him?" asked Zoe.

"Well I feel nervous, excited, silly and a good kind of weird. My heart beats fast and sometimes it feels like it is fluttering. My stomach feels like its in knots... does that help?" asked Aphmau.

"Mmmhmmm..." Zoe said. "What do you think?"

"I think things like he's handsome, charming, loyal, brave, strong, he has wonderful blue eyes, I could get lost in them, I love it when he brushed his bangs away from his eyes, he's too nice, I don't deserve him as a friend, although sometimes I want to be-" Aphmau stopped with wide eyes. "OH MY GOSH!"

"What is it?" asked Zoe.

Aphmau grabbed Zoe by the shoulders and shook her. "DO YOU THINK I LOVE HIM?!!!!"

"Uh... considering all of this information that you gave me... yes." said Zoe.

"WHAT?!! I can't love him can I? Well you just said it, but love? I guess I do, but is it just a crush? Could it be that or more? This is just stupid. I just... ugh!" said Aphmau.

"Uh Aphmau?" asked Zoe.

"Yes?"

"You seem a little "at war" with yourself." said Zoe. "Maybe you should sit down."

Aphmau walked over to her bed and sat down. Zoe sat down next to her.

"Ugh! Whats wrong with me?" Aphmau said.

"Nothing. You're probably at a denial phase." said Zoe.

"I feel that my heart says one thing and my brain says another thing." said Aphmau.

"Ah. I see." said Zoe.

"What do I do?" asked Aphmau.

"Honestly, I don't know." said Zoe.

Aphmau talked "I would normally talk to Garroth for advice but..."

"Yes." said Zoe. "Well, one is bound to win the war Aphmau. Hang in there. I gotta go check up on the boys."

"Hey." said Aphmau "Can I come with you?"

Zoe smiled. "Of course Aphmau!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoe, Levin Malachi, and Aphmau went to the tree house to play. Levin wanted to play in the tree but Malachi wanted to play at the trunk of the tree. So Zoe went with Levin and Aphmau went with Malachi. They played for 15 minutes so far.

"So Malachi. Ever heard of shipping?" asked Aphmau. I'd rather ask him then Emmalyn ask him.

"Yah! You mean boats right?" asked Malachi.

"No. Not exactly." said Aphmau.

"Do you mean The act or practice of taking an interest in a romantic relationship between fictional characters, famous or regular people, weather or not the romance exists, as by writing fan fiction, or just plain wanting them to be together?" asked Malachi.

"Uh... ya!" said Aphmau "That exactly."

"For example you and Garroth. Your "ship name" or "power couple name" would be Garmau." said Malachi.

"I'm surprised on how much you know about this." said Aphmau.

"Ya. You'd be surprised on how many of your friends talk about it." said Malachi. "Some if them ask me who I ship you with. Laurmau or Garmau. I never tell them because they will tell you, and I don't want to influence who you end up with."

"Aww! That's so sweet." said Aphmau. She leaned toward to Malachi and whispered to him. "I'm leaning toward Garmau." 

Malachi whispered back "Me too."