Chapter 18: Do Or Don't

Aphmau separated from her kiss with Garroth. She practically front rolled over to the other side of the couch, then tried to sit in a "natural" position. 

"I uh. Who is it?" Aphmau called.

The person on the other side of the door replied. "Lady Aphmau. I came to inform you that your wedding starts in 5 minutes."

Aphmau never heard that voice before. "Uh. Ok. Thanks." She said. Aphmau heard the footsteps walk away.

There was silence. Well this is awkward. Aphmau thought. Should we kiss again or something? Aphmau glances over to Garroth. She blushed. Nah the moods gone.

"Sooooooooooooooooooooooo?" Aphmau said while thinking of what to say.

Garroth looked at her.

"Uh.............................Why are you even here?" Asked Aphmau. Wait. Why did I just ask him that? Ugh! Stupid. Aphmau thought.

"Yes. I guess that was unclear." Said Garroth. "Since your father is unable to walk you down the isle for your wedding, Zane asked me if I could fill in for him."

"And you said yes?" asked Aphmau.

"I had no choice." said Garroth.

"Is it some sort of rule in your guard code or something?" asked Aphmau.

"No. It was he had you unconscious and threatened to make you indefinably unconscious if I didn't say yes." said Garroth.

"I never expected him to want you to do this so badly." said Aphmau. I love how we just kissed and we act like nothing ever happened between us. Aphmau thought.

"It's probably just a way for him to try to get to me." said Garroth.

"Most likely. Be careful around him ok?" said Aphmau.

"No need to tell me twice Lady Aphmau." said Garroth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time for the dreaded wedding.

Aphmau didn't even know who her "Brides maids" were. Yet they acted like they have known her their whole lives. All Aphmau did was smile and nod. Then the doors opened. Everyone walked down the isle in their order.

"Try to not look at the audience. You may be surprised." whispered Garroth. "Not in the good way."

What does he mean by that? Aphmau thought.

It was their turn to walk. Aphmau and Garroth walked by row by row slowly, so everyone could see Aphmau.

She scanned the audience with her eyes. Don't know you, don't know you, don't know you... wait... WHAT? Aphmau noticed a selected group on Zane's side of the room. OH MY GOSH IS THAT THE JURY OF NINE?! Or eight... wait... seven? Perhaps Lady Katelyn is still in Phoenix drop? At least there is no PRESSURE AT ALL!

Garroth took his seat in the front row, then Aphmau stepped onto the platform Zane was on, and held his hands (because that's what happens at weddings). Ick! I'm holding his hands. Gag! I want to let go and wash my hands.

The priest started talking. Then more talking and talking and talking Zane talked Aphmau talked. Talk talk talk about stuff (as you can see I don't pay attention to wedding sermonizes).

Now for what you've been waiting for...

"Zane." said the Priest "Do you take Aphmau to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Zane smirked. "I do."

"Aphmau." said the Priest "Do you take Zane to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Come on for Phoenix Drop! To commit my life to the one I hate though? Phoenix Drop will get destroyed if you don't. What if he kills me? What if he kills everyone else, isn't that a small price to pay to save everyone? If I die though, Zane said that he would attack Phoenix Drop when they would be mourning for me or something like that! So is this a lose lose situation then? I think it is. No matter what I do, no matter what I say right now... Phoenix Drop is in danger. I can't protect it... at least not by myself. I know my decision. Aphmau thought.

"I don't." said Aphmau.

"I guess you really aren't afraid to die." said Zane.

Aphmau let go of his hands and ran out of the building.

Something grabbed her and stabbed something into her arm. Aphmau punched the attacker and started to run again. As she was running Aphmau looked over at her arm. There was no wound or anything. Perhaps a needle. Aphmau thought. She ran into the nearby woods.

As she was running surges of pain stung her arm as if it was on fire. She looked over. Her arm was full of purple scars in the formation of a spider web. It started to spread. It felt like a bunch of knifes where raking at her skin. It spread trough her torso to her other arm to her legs and slowly making its way toward her face. Make it stop! Aphmau thought. Her vision started to blur. She started to feel heavy. Everything on her felt like it was dipped into a combination of acid and lava. Aphmau tripped over a branch and fell to the ground.

Everything started to fade into darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys Gravityfallsfan22 here! I just wanted to apologize for not making chapters for the last couple of days. AND FOR THAT I'M SUPER SORRY!!!!!!!! I know I said that I'll upload a chapter a day and I'm sorry for that! Go ahead tell meh I'm a horrible promise breaker! I deserve it! I've just been busy with school stuff. Don't worry this isn't the end of the book! (but you will HATE me in the next chapter. Everything will work out though... eventually.) Just wanted to say I'm sorry.

My apologies.

-Gravityfallsfan22