Chapter 34: Stupid Rope

As Aphmau and Dante reached the outdoors, Aphmau felt a stirring within her stomach.

They met up with Katelyn and Kiki.

Kiki gasped. "Aphmau!" She cried. Kiki threw her arms around Aphmau. "I'm so sorry Aphmau! I should have never listened to Zane and let him persuade me to come here with Leona! He threw me into jail and took Leona away from me! He said that he would raise her to be like him. I was stuck in a cell for Irene knows how long until Katelyn showed up!" Kiki noticed how weak Aphmau was "Oh my Irene! What did Zane do to you?"

"He has given me a chance to change sides." replied Aphmau.

"What did you say?" asked Katelyn.

"It has already started to effect her." said Dante "We might be too late."

"Are you kidding!? All this trouble we went through to get her and now she's a mindless drone!" said Katelyn. "You shouldn't have opened the door to her Aphmau's cell."

"One thing, I had to make being loyal to Zane look believable. He was always questioning my loyalty." said Dante "Second thing, I didn't know that he would inject her with is so soon. It was unstable and highly risky."

"What are you guys talking about?" Asked Kiki.

"While you where in your own cell, Zane injected Aphmau with a obedient serum." said Dante

"Although it was never tested and was highly unstable." Katelyn added "Let's admit, when has danger ever stopped Zane?"

"Unfortunately, the serum has already started to work on Aphmau." said Dante.

"What can we do? How can we stop this serum from being permanent? When are we going to get Leona back from Zane?" asked Kiki.

Aphmau listened patently to her friends conversation. Fools. Don't they realize that one should never come in the way of Zane's plans? But they are doing this for me. No. They will just betray me once again. Just like everyone I ever trusted. Soon enough, Zane will find out what they are doing and they'll be dead meat for it. Aphmau thought maliciously. You all will die a slow an painful death for foiling Zane's carefully thought out plan. I wish to have no part in this "rescue". With that thought, Aphmau couldn't control her thought processes anymore. She couldn't control what she said or did. She felt conflicted with two sides, but not anymore.

Aphmau bolted toward the castle with her cell somewhere within it.

"Aphmau!" Dante called to her.

Aphmau didn't listen. She didn't know or care if Katelyn, Dante and Kiki were chasing her.

  As Aphmau was running she felt a surge of power. Power she never felt before. Not like the light that burst out of her hands when Zane captured her. She no longer felt weak, tired and hungry like she did a while ago, now she felt powerful. This power was dark, wicked and evil. She could feel the power flow through her veins. While she was running her steps became lighter, her pace quickened, and felt a rush of energy. Perhaps this is how it feels. To be powerful with dark forces. Thought Aphmau. To feel strong, almighty, and villainous. Perhaps this is why- Then something grabbed both of her arms, stopping Aphmau dead in her tracks, and fell backward.

It was rope.

"What in Irene's name where you doing Aphmau?!" said Dante.

"I told you, she's a mindless drone bent out to do whatever Zane wishes." Said Katelyn. "There's no use bringing her back to Phoenix Drop. She'll just try to run back to wherever Zane is."

"You ignorant fools!" yelled Aphmau "Unless this is your death wish, you all are stupid to try to stop Zane! I'm gaining power! Dark power. If you think that I'll help you in any way you're wrong! My loyalties lie with Zane now and if you think tha-"

"Pull yourself together woman!" Katelyn punched Aphmau in the face. She grabbed Aphmau's shoulders and shook them. "You make no sense!" Yelled Katelyn.

"Ugh!" said Dante "If Zane has something that can do this to a person, there is no telling what could happen!"

"Don't worry about that." said Katelyn while letting go of Aphmau's shoulders. "He used his only supply on Aphmau, and I burned the recipe for the serum in a fireplace. He took a long time to make it. So it will take him a while to do it again."

"That's great!" said Kiki "Now what are we going to do about Aphmau?"

Katelyn grabbed the ropes and tied Aphmau's hands together.

Stupid rope. Aphmau thought.

"Well we are close to a stable." said Dante gesturing to a stable not too far away.

"We are going to tie her to a horse!?" asked Kiki. "That's so cruel!"

"Yes Kiki." Said Katelyn "We are tying Aphmau to a horse with these ropes."

"No." said Dante "We are going to ride them."