Chapter 11: Illusion

Aphmau and Garroth unsheathed their swords immediately and pointed them to Zane.

They talked at the same time "You stay away from Garroth!" said Aphmau, and Garroth said "You stay away from Aphmau!" but since it was at the same time it sounded like "You stay away from Garmau!"

"Please. Their is no need for weapons my dear Aphmau and brother." said Zane.

"Why is that?!" said Aphmau.

"Because I'm unarmed?" said Zane putting up his hands.

"I don't believe you." said Aphmau.

"Besides, I couldn't hurt you no matter how much I want to." said Zane.

"What do you mean?" asked Aphmau.

"Unfortunately, I'm not really here my darling." said Zane.

"So what are you saying?" asked Garroth.

"What I'm saying is, I'm still in O'Kasis." said Zane. "I'm just an illusion."

"How?" Aphmau asked.

"It's complicated my beautiful." said Zane "By the way, love this new look you got going here."

"I noticed that you have also changed your look." said Aphmau.

"It was a little adjustment, but thank you." said Zane. He glanced at Garroth. "I see you've changed too brother. Especially in the head aria."

"Don't get used to it." said Garroth.

"Anyways, what was I going to tell you? Oh yes, Jeffory The golden Heart is dead." said Zane. "Luckily we are discussing who will replace him, and we have narrowed it down to either Dante, Laurence or you Garroth."

"If they turn down the offer?" said Aphmau.

"That is none of your concern." said Zane "Also, I have more good news. As you may or may not know, O'Kasis and Scaleswind have made peace. Luckily for you Garroth, you are off the hook for marriage."

"I... I am?" asked Garroth.

"That's great! What's the catch?" asked Aphmau.

"No catch. You are a free bird Garroth." said Zane "Also, while we are on the subject. Aphmau when would you like our marriage day to be?"

"How about never?" asked Aphmau. "I would love it to be on that day." She batted her eyelashes.

"I love your sense of humor Aphmau." said Zane "That is just one of the many reasons why you will be mine."

"Ew. No way will I ever be yours. Ever." said Aphmau. "By the way, you never proposed so we aren't even engaged let alone getting married." Aphmau crossed her arms.

"Ok Aphmau if you want a proposal, then you shall get one." said Zane.

"No. My answer will be no." said Aphmau.

"I suggest you be careful on what you say to me Aphmau." said Zane. "You have what 4 guards or something? O'Kasis has hundreds. With a snap of my fingers I could get your little village blown off the map."

"We are on the map?" asked Aphmau.

"We keep track of all the villages, even the really small ones like yours." said Zane. "You have a month to decide on your answer. If you cared for your village you would know what to do." Then Zane vanished before their eyes.

"So I don't have to marry the princess of Scaleswind?" said Garroth.

"I guess not!" said Aphmau. "Congrats!"

"Thank you lady Aphmau." said Garroth.

"Then there is me." said Aphmau. "Out of all the people I had to be forced to get married to it had to be your stupid little brother!"

"I know." said Garroth. "Out of all the people it had to be him."

"I have to do it or he will blow up Phoenix Drop, or worse." said Aphmau "Besides, I think I love someone else." Why did I just say that? Aphmau thought.

Garroth looked to the ground sadly. There was silence.

"We should head back to the Baby shower." said Aphmau.

Garroth nodded. They walked back to the baby shower. Although, Aphmau walked slowly.

I hate Zane. Thought Aphmau.