Chapter 32: Flash Back

Aphmau slowly awoke from her torturing slumber. She opened her eyes to see herself calmly floating in the void (Or so she thought was the void). Her chains were gone.

What's going on? Where am I? The void? Aphmau thought. She looked around, she then noticed some fog over to the left of her. As she looked into the fog she saw a scene play out.

"I've heard rumors. That no one sees these stars the exact same as everyone else."

"What do you mean Lucinda~Chan?"

"What i mean is, rumors say that these stars are people that have died. The brighter the stars are, the more closer you were to that person that has passed."

"So these stars represent dead people?"

Is my life flashing in front of my eyes? Aphmau thought.

"Just because i think Garroth is handsome doesn't mean I love him."

Hey! I never said that out loud! Aphmau thought. Then she saw Alexis floating with glowing eyes.

"O'Kasis and Scaleswind's terms will meet. Part of his plan will be complete! The human alpha will come near. For soon the priest will be here!"

Ugh! Don't remind me of that! Aphmau thought. Then the scene changed to herself with her hands on Garroth's shoulders shaking him.

"He's gonna want me to marry him Garroth! YOUR EVIL LITTLE TROLL OF A BROTHER WANTS ME TO MARRY HIM!!!"

Unfortunately so. Aphmau thought. Then, a new image popped up, it was of her and Garroth watching the sunset.

"Oh ya? What is it?"

"Well, your house is purple, your clothes are purple and you made a flag for a boat purple so... Orange?

Aphmau saw herself laugh.

"I love it when the sun does this. It makes things look more beautiful."

"Nothing could make you look more beautiful than you already are."

As the image faded she felt a pang in her heart. Garroth. Aphmau thought. I miss you so much. Then she saw an image of her, and Laurence.

"Because this concerns more of Garroth than you!"

"I... I'm sorry I-"

"Shut it! Right now we need to find Garroth and make sure no one knows else of this!"

Ouch. I feel terrible about how I treated Laurence that day. I was so mean to him and I was never able to apologize for it. Now he's stuck in another dimension and I don't even know if I'll see him again. This is just like the nether all over again. Aphmau thought.

"We keep track of all the villages, even the really small ones like yours. You have a month to decide on your answer. If you cared for your village you would know what to do."

Zane! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in this mess! Aphmau thought. The scene changed to when Zane threatened her with his knife to her throat. It showed her in her shadow knight armor. Then it went to before the wedding when Garroth confessed his feelings to her, and she kissed him. Then it showed the scene when Aphmau ran away from the wedding. Then it showed when she was crying when Phoenix Drop was destroyed and Garroth dying. It showed her and Garroth (in his star form) kissing.

Then the fog showed Laurence and Brendon talking to Cadenza before she died.It showed her killing Brendon and Cadenza dying in her arms. It showed Laurence almost killing her. Then it showed Aphmau her whole conversation with Lillian and how all of the destruction in her life was her own fault. It showed Zane telling her his plan to use Kiki for the portal, and how he was planning to raise Leona to be like him. Finally, it showed what had just recently happened. Lillian dying. Dante turning on her, her last hope gone. How he let Zane into her cell, how he said he was loyal to Zane and how Katelyn said that Aphmau was desperate for trust. For it was true. All of it was true.

As the last scene was playing she felt the burning, boiling pain again. An intense pain was driving through her head, twisting her thoughts. Aphmau could feel her hands in the shackles. As she opened her eyes Aphmau saw that she was back in her cell.