Chapter 29: Chain Reaction

Aphmau awoken from her sleep. She looked outside it was still dark, but she saw the sun barely peaking over the horizon.

Well. Aphmau thought. It's time to talk to Laurence. Aphmau slid out of bed and got dressed. She equipped her sword and head out the door.

She ran through the forest with the crunching leaves beneath her. She felt a pang of guilt when glanced up to the sky and saw 3 shining stars. All the others were starting to fade. Don't worry. Aphmau thought. I'll make things right. Somehow. She reached the old lords house and climbed down the ladder after she moved the chest. As her feet reached the floor she heard a girls voice.

"Oh how you should have stayed in your house like I told you to."

Aphmau turned around to see Lillian. "L-Lillian? What are you-"

"You just missed the show Aphmau." giggled Lillian.

"What?" said Aphmau as she pulled out her sword "Where's Laurence?"

"Calm down Aphmau" Lillian explained how she was working with Brian the whole time and how she was there before anyone knew. She talked about how Alexis floating and talking was all her doing. Lillian also said that Brian and her knew about Aphmau's visit down here and how they were going to get the amulet back. Lillian told Aphmau about what just happened. That Brian was trying to get the amulet from Laurence but then they ended up fighting. In the middle of the fight the amulet activated transporting Laurence and Brian into another dimension.

So that's what the amulet does. Aphmau thought. "Why would you do this? If you can see into the future then you know what will happen? D-Does Zane win? Is that why you are on his side?" Aphmau asked.

"I'm only a pawn in the outlook of things." said Lillian "Everything happens for a reason. Like Laurence ending up in another dimension, you killing Brendon and Garroth dying."

She pointed her sword to Lillian and walked closer. "Don't. You. Dare. Mention. Garroth." said Aphmau.

"What's wrong Aphmau?" said Lillian. "It isn't my fault he's dead. It's your fault."

"How in Lady Irene's name is it my fault?" said Aphmau.

"Simple." said Lillian "You didn't say yes to Zane at the wedding."

"What does that have to do with anything?" asked Aphmau.

"Every decision you make causes a chain reaction." said Lillian "Think about it."

Aphmau froze. Then spoke. "I didn't say yes to Zane at the wedding, causing whoever that was to stab me in the arm with poison, because of that poison I died, because I died Laurence was overtaken by his darkness, because he turned dark he made an alliance with Brian and turned Brendon into a shadow knight, because Laurence wanted to prove that he was loyal he, Brian and Brendon destroyed Phoenix Drop, causing my house to collapse with..."Aphmau closed her eyes. "With Garroth underneath it."

"See?" said Lillian. "Here's what I don't get though Aphmau. You say that you love him, and yet you were only upset for a day when you figured out that he was dead."

"I was heartbroken Lillian! I was only trying to stay strong for my people." said Aphmau.

"Yet you didn't come out of Lucinda's home whatsoever." said Lillian. "Don't you think it's strange how her house was the only thing not destroyed? Perhaps she had an alliance with the boys. Her eyes are red after all."

I never thought of that. "What are you trying to say here?" asked Aphmau.

"It's just my thoughts." said Lillian "Now little miss guilty, I'd love to stay and chat but I have a boat to catch." Lillian ran past Aphmau.

"Hey! Wait!" yelled Aphmau following Lillian up the ladder. "You get back here!"