Chapter 37: Shut Up Kiki

Just after Kiki spoke, the four of them could hear horses galloping towards their direction.

"I don't think that those are our horses." said Dante.

"Great!" said Aphmau "Were dead."

"Don't say that." said Katelyn "There still might be hope."

"Draw your weapons if you have them." said Dante while unsheathing his swords, and gave one to Aphmau.

The galloping came closer.

"If I don't make it out of this, I want to apologies about how I acted." said Aphmau.

"It isn't your fault." said Dante "You didn't know what you were doing."

"Your apologies are accepted." said Katelyn.

Just then the galloping stopped, and an arrow whizzed past Aphmau's face and hit a nearby tree.

"He's here." said Kiki.

Then the Jury Of Nine members came from what it looked like "out of nowhere" and started to attack.

Katelyn and Dante transformed into their Jury Of Nine form  and started to fight.

Aphmau attacked along with them. As she was fighting, she saw someone in one of the trees. It was too dark up in the tree to see who it was, but once he jumped out of it she knew.

Zane landed on his feet holding two glowing spheres. He aimed them towards Katelyn and Dante. Before Aphmau could do anything, Katelyn and Dante returned to normal. Then they got surrounded along with Aphmau and Kiki.

"Well. Well Well." said Zane "First off let me just say, bravo for almost escaping. You had me worried there."

No one spoke.

"Unfortunately for you, I found you all." said Zane "You know, I expected this to happen. Smuggling Aphmau and Kiki to safety I mean. I expected this from you Dante, but not you Katelyn."

"What are you going to do with us now?" asked Kiki.

"Isn't it obvious?" said Katelyn "He's going to kill us!"

Zane laughed. "Don't get ahead of yourself Katelyn." he said. Zane walked over to Aphmau. "From what I hear, our little experiment has worked."

Aphmau  didn't know what to do. She just stared at him blankly.

"It did work. It worked like a charm." said Kiki "But then we had this fiasco with a communication amu-"

"Shut up Kiki!" interrupted Katelyn.

"No no, I'm interested." said Zane "What happened?"

Kiki continued "Well when Katelyn ripped Aphmau's communication amulet off of her, Aphmau went ballistic because it was the one that Garroth gave to h-"

"Shut up Kiki!" yelled Dante.

Zane sighed. He snapped his fingers then two of the Jury Of Nine members grabbed Dante by the arms and tied him to a tree, they did the same with Katelyn.

"Continue." Zane said.

Aphmau could tell that Kiki was getting nervous after she realized what she was doing.

"Well as you know Lord Zane that your brother has passed." said Kiki "Well Aphmau's communication amulet was the one that Garroth gave her, and because Garroth is dead that was one of the only things that she had left of him. Since Aphmau loved Garroth, I think the serum might have warn off."

Zane laughed. "Ha ha ha ha ha!" he turned to Aphmau. "Love breaking a spell is so cliché. Wait a second. Is she serious? You've fallen for my brother?"

Aphmau flinched. "Y-yes." she answered.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! This is too good to be true!" laughed Zane. "Were you desperate or something? Ha ha! My Irene!"

I don't know if I should be offended or not. Thought Aphmau.

"In all seriousness I'm going to have to kill you." said Zane no longer laughing.

"What!" yelled Aphmau.

"Why?" asked Kiki.

Zane took a step closer towards Kiki and Aphmau. "Because you know too much."