Chapter 21: Trust Me

Aphmau slowly awoke from her sleep. Her head was buzzing while memories quickly flooded back to her.

It has been three days since Garroth passed away. Aphmau has been cooped up in Lucinda's guest room since they found Garroth's corpse. She couldn't look at anyone after that. She remembered the look in Garroth's eyes, looking into the distance peacefully, while the rest of himself was broken. She couldn't look into anyone's eyes. Aphmau just stayed in the room. Distant from everyone because of grieving.

If I didn't jump down the hole I would still be with him. If I knew he was dead I would've stayed. Aphmau thought. Then she heard a knock on the door. "Come on in." said Aphmau.

The door opened and in came Lillian.

One of the last people that I thought would visit me. Aphmau thought.

"Good morning Lady Aphmau." said Lillian.

Aphmau felt a pang in her heart. That's what Garroth used to call me. Aphmau thought.

"Morning Lillian." said Aphmau. "What brings you here?"

"I heard that you have not been eating or drinking much at all." said Lillian "So I thought I'd come over and see what's wrong and if so, help fix it."

"Many things are wrong right now." said Aphmau "But a broken heart can't be easily fixed."

"Sometimes talking it out helps." said Lillian.

"Um..." said Aphmau. Should I tell her? Aphmau thought.

"Come on Aphmau, don't you trust me?" asked Lillian.

"I...I guess so." said Aphmau "Why not?"

Lillian sat beside Aphmau on the bed. "Talk to me sister." said Lillian. "Is it ok that I called you sister m'Lady?"

Aphmau let out a small laugh. "It's fine. Now where do I begin?"

"Anywhere you want to." said Lillian.

Aphmau let out a big sigh. "Ok" Aphmau said. "First off, do you know who Zane is?"

"You mean the high priest of O'kasis?" asked Lillian.

"That's the one." said Aphmau.

"Indeed I know of him." said Lillian. "Why?"

"Before I tell you anything, I need to know if you are part of an alliance with him." said Aphmau.

Lillian paused. "No way whatsoever. He sucks" said Lillian.

"I'm glad we're on the same page then." said Aphmau. Then she started to tell Lillian about how Zane wanted to marry her, how he threatened Phoenix Drop, how she started to realize her feelings about Garroth, about what happened at the wedding and when she saw Lady Irene.

"So what you're saying is... if someone dies, we can make a statue of them and they could come back to life?" asked Lillian.

"If given the choice I guess so." said Aphmau.

"Interesting... very interesting..." said Lillian.

"Who knows it may be different for everyone." said Aphmau. Then she felt another pang in her heart. "You told me a while ago that not even death could separate me and my "true love" or something. So... does that mean I'll see Garroth again or does that mean Garroth isn't the one?"

"Looking into the future is hard Aphmau. All I do is make my eyes glow and say things from the future, I don't actually "see" what's going on. So honestly it could be either or." said Lillian.

Aphmau was silent.

"Now that you've gotten your story off your chest, do you think you could tell me why you aren't eating?" asked Lillian.

"I don't know. I'm just not getting hungry or something." said Aphmau.

"There could be many reasons to why you're not eating. In an extreme case maybe you're subconsciously starving yourself so you'll die, then you'll be able to see Garroth again." said Lillian.

"I don't think I'm that depressed." said Aphmau. Or am I?

"I'm just giving off suggestions." said Lillian "Perhaps... your body isn't used to be needing food yet, because you were dead for a month so you never had to eat."

"Maybe." said Aphmau.

"How about we have breakfast together. So I can see first hand what's stopping you." said Lillian.

"I... uh..." said Aphmau.

"What's the matter Aphmau?" asked Lillian "I thought you said you trusted me."

"I do its just... never mind." said Aphmau. "Lets go."