Chapter 30: A New Plan

As Aphmau reached the top of the ladder she saw someone who she least expected.

"Z- Z- Z- Z- Z- Z- Z-" said Aphmau dumbfounded.

"What's the matter Aphmau?" said Zane "You sound like you got electrocuted or something."

"Nope! Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope!" Aphmau said while climbing back down the ladder. "I'm not dealing with this! Nope!" As her feet touched the ground Aphmau thought I just trapped myself didn't I? Aphmau ran to the other side of the room.

"After all this time, Lillian spoke the truth." said Zane "You're alive."

Aphmau laughed nervously.

"I told you, but you had to see it for yourself before you left to the dimension." said Lillian.

"Speaking of witch, did you obtain the amulet from Laurence?" asked Zane.

"Heh heh. Funny story you're gonna laugh. 'Cause... I... know how much you... you love to laugh." said Lillian nervously. "Um... Brian and Laurence were fighting over the amulet, then it activated. Then it sent them to another dimension. Funny right?"

"You let that happen!?" said Zane "You stupid fool! Do you know how many pawns I killed in order to get that amulet?!" Zane sighed "We'll deal with this later." Zane looked over to Aphmau "I have a new plan."

"W-what are you gonna do?" asked Aphmau.

"Lillian." said Zane "Go and get Kiki and Leona onto the boat. I'll deal with her."

"Yes Lord Zane." said Lillian then she climbed the ladder.

"L-lord Zane?" said Aphmau.

"Oh. Yes I guess I never told you." said Zane "My dear old father has passed away, and since my brother is dead, I'm next to take the throne."

"If your Lord then shouldn't you be in O'Kasis?" asked Aphmau while pulling out her sword.

"What? A father can't visit his little daughter once and a while?" said Zane.

"Don't you dare hurt Leona!" said Aphmau charging to Zane.

He blocked her attack with his sword. "Aphmau." said Zane "I've never seen you look so aggressive before. I like it. You're cute when your angry."

"Don't try to flatter me!" said Aphmau.

"I'm not." said Zane "If I wanted to flatter you I would've done it at your friends wedding a long time ago. Instead I flattered Kiki, and look where she is now. Soon to be on my ship not knowing that she will be my new key to open the portal to Irene's dimension, where I'll finally obtain Irene's relic. Also, with Kiki out of the way, I can raise my little Leona to be just like me."

"If Leona's anything like Kiki she won't be fooled by your trickery easily." said Aphmau.

"Kiki's practically wrapped around my finger, she'll do anything I ask her to. What makes you think Leona would be different?" asked Zane "As the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Now, let's get things over with shall we? After all Kiki and Leona are waiting for me."

Zane swung his sword at Aphmau. She barely dodged his attack. Aphmau ran close to the broken portal. Zane pulled out his bow and arrows and aimed it at her. Luckily it only hit the obsidian. She ran over to where Brendon and Cadenza lay. Zane leaped over Brendon and charged towards Aphmau. Before he could strike her a burst of light shot out of her hands shining across the entire room, while knocking Zane off his feet. What? Aphmau thought. Everything started to spin, Aphmau felt dizzy, her vision blurred, her head buzzed then she tripped over her own feet falling onto the ground unconscious.