Chapter 19: Collapsed

Aphmau awoke. She was surrounded by a blinding bright white light.

What? Aphmau thought. Her eyes adjusted to the light. She saw a golden brick road in front of her. Where have I seen this before? Aphmau pushed the thought out of her head. She followed the road. It took a long time until she saw someone.

"Um hello. My name is Aphmau." said Aphmau.

The woman turned around. Everything was so bright Aphmau couldn't see the woman's face. "Hello Lady Aphmau." said the woman as she bowed "I'm Irene."

Irene? "As in Lady Irene?" Asked Aphmau.

Irene sighed "Indeed." She said.

Aphmau's eyes widened. "Then It should be I whom bows to you."

"Please." said Lady Irene "Don't. I hate it that people worship me. I don't wish to be the idol of everyone's faith. I was never a goddess and I never will be. I was only a blessed girl to have wonderful powers."

"But there was so much you did like defeat much evil." said Aphmau.

"Indeed I did, but that doesn't make it right for people to bow down to me." said Lady Irene "For example, you've defeated evil and you still will, but you don't see people praying to a statue of yours (at least that you know of)."

"I have statues?" asked Aphmau.

"One." said Lady Irene.

"When did this happen?" asked Aphmau.

"When you died." said Lady Irene.

"When I wha?!" asked Aphmau.

"Your dead Lady Aphmau." said Lady Irene. "Not for long though."

"When did I die?" asked Aphmau.

"A month ago." said Lady Irene.

"A MONTH AGO!? Screamed Aphmau.

"That's besides the point Lady Aphmau." said Lady Irene "Phoenix Drop needs you now more than ever."

"What happened to Phoenix drop?" ashed Aphmau.

"It's best if you find out on your own." said Lady Irene "Now go. Protect your village while not worshiping me."

"Then who do we put our faith into?" asked Aphmau.

"Each other." said Lady Irene "Now go!"

"Go were?" asked Aphmau.

"Oh yes that would be helpful if I told you." said Lady Irene. She pointed to a sparkling hole in the ground. "Just jump down there."

"Uh ok." said Aphmau "What will happen when I do?"

"You will replace your statue in Phoenix drop." said Lady Irene.

"Why do I have a statue?" asked Aphmau.

"It was a symbol to remember you by." said Lady Irene. "Now go! Phoenix Drop needs there leader." Then Irene disappeared and in her place was a glowing ball of light.

"Thank you!" said Aphmau then she jumped into the hole. Not realizing that she adsorbed the light.

Lights were flickering around her as she was falling. Sparkles flying everywhere. Then there was a flash of white. Aphmau noticed that she was on a stone podium. She stepped off. Aphmau looked around and to her surprise she saw Phoenix Drop was destroyed. Smoke, rubble and ash everywhere. What happened?! Aphmau thought. Zane! I'll kill him!

Aphmau walked up the cracked road. Glancing to the crumbled houses. This cant be! Aphmau saw her house was collapsed, like every building in Phoenix drop. The guard tower, the barn, the tree house, the town wall, all except Lucinda's house. Aphmau checked in and around it frantically, but no one was there. She was walking around until she heard some chatter in the forest. She ran in between the trees until she saw her people. A wave of gratitude fell over her. Oh thank goodness! Everyone noticed Aphmau. They ran over to her and all started to talk.

"Aphmau!"

"You're alive!"

"Thank Irene your ok!"

"We all thought you died!"

"Momma!"

And so on.

"I'm so glad you are all ok!" said Aphmau. She glanced at the faces. Some people were missing from the crowd. "Where is Garroth, Laurence, Dante, Nicole and Brendon?"

"Dante has become the new member of the Jury of Nine" said Kiki.

"Nicole~Chan was taken back to Scaleswind." said Kawii~Chan.

"Laurence and Brendon are M.I.A." said Lucinda.

"M.I.A?" asked Aphmau.

"Missing in action." said Logan.

"As... as for Garroth...he-" Dale got interrupted by Molly's loud crying.

"APHMAU I'M SO SORRY!!!!" Molly cried.

"What is it Molly?" asked Aphmau.

Molly wiped away her tears. "I-I-I'm s-s-so s-s-sorry!" stuttered Molly.

"Molly, it wasn't your fault it happened. Don't beat yourself up over it." said Dale.

"B-b-but I could've d-done something a-about it!" cried Molly.

"Molly, there was nothing you could've done to stop it." said Dale.

"Y-yes I could've!" said Molly.

"Like what?" asked Dale.

"I DON'T KNOW!" yelled/cried Molly.

"What happened?" asked Aphmau.

"I d-don't have the heart t-to say it again." said Molly.

"Come on Molly." said Dale putting his hand on Molly's shoulder. "You got this."

"A-as things where bl-blowing up and set on f-fire and stuff. I-I went t-to your house t-to make sure L-Levin and Malichi w-where ok. Once I-I got there I-I saw G-Garroth bust open the doors w-with Levin in his arms. He gave Levin t-to me and t-told me to bring Levin t-to safety. Garroth t-told me that h-he was going to m-make sure that n-no one else was i-inside." said Molly "H-he ran downstairs then-" then Molly started to sob.

Aphmau felt a surge of fear. "What happened?" asked Aphmau.

"The house collapsed." said Molly. "W-with Garroth still inside."