Chapter 35: Runaway Horses

Katelyn and Kiki were riding on a horse and Aphmau and Dante on another. They were heading into a nearby forest.

"Ya know." said Aphmau "This doesn't really feel like a "rescue". It feels more like a "relocation" if you ask me." Aphmau's hands were still tied together. "You are still-"

"-fools for going against Zane, he will find us and end us, you have dark powers that are growing stronger blah blah blah!" interrupted Katelyn "We heard you the first eight billion times."

"It is still true." said Aphmau.

There was silence between the four. The only sound was the horse's hooves trotting across the long grass.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "Dante." said Katelyn "Why do you think that taking Aphmau with us is a good idea? She is really getting on my nerves."

"Don't worry. She's not always this... weird." said Dante.

"By weird you mean insanely stupid?" asked Katelyn.

"Guys!" said Kiki "Aphmau's right here!"

"So?" said Katelyn.

"So, you're talking as if she isn't here." said Kiki.

Katelyn replied "My apologies... Aphmau you're insanely stupid."

"Katelyn!" said Kiki.

"Whaaaaat?" said Katelyn.

"What's rude!" said Kiki.

"No it isn't!" replied Katelyn "I'm just telling the truth."

"You were mean though!" said Kiki.

"Well sometimes the truth hurts Kiki!" said Katelyn.

"You don't tell the truth if it hurts someone!" said Kiki.

"Yes you do!" said Katelyn.

"If it's offensive then no!" said Kiki.

"So I should lie to people." said Katelyn.

"No!" said Kiki "You should never lie!"

"Then what are you saying I should do tree huger?" said Katelyn.

"Tree huger?!" said Kiki.

"If You Two Don't Stop Arguing I'm Going To Turn These Horses Around!" said Dante.

"She started it!" yelled Kiki.

"Nuh uh!" said Katelyn.

"Did to!" said Kiki.

"You have no proof!" said Katelyn.

"SHUT UP!" yelled Dante.

Aphmau rolled her eyes. Pfft! And they think that I'm insane? Thought Aphmau.

"We aren't gonna get anywhere with your bickering!" said Dante.

"We won't get anywhere in general if we are not all on the same sides of the force." said Katelyn.

"The force?" asked Kiki.

"These are not the guards you're looking for." muttered Dante while laughing.

"Dante, we are unaware of that future reference. What I mean is, we won't get anywhere if we all aren't on the same side." said Katelyn looking directly at Aphmau "We all need to know the right path."

"I am on the right path." said Aphmau.

"Ya." said Katelyn "The right path to utter destruction."

"Katelyn." said Dante "We have no idea what Aphmau might be going through right now. Lay off on the whole "evil mind controlled idiot" thing."

"But She's so stubborn!" said Katelyn.

You think I'm stubborn Katelyn? Aphmau thought. I'll show you stubborn. She slid off the horse that she shared with Dante and fell onto the forest floor.

Katelyn and Dante stopped their horses and got off them along with Kiki. They walked over to where Aphmau lay on the ground.

"See? I told you she was stubborn." said Katelyn.

"Uh... guys?" said Kiki.

Aphmau felt something coming closer to her. It was far, but it was coming. Someone was coming. Aphmau laughed. She knew immediately who it was.

"Even after I defend you Aphmau you jump off the horse?" said Dante.

"Guys?" said Kiki.

"I say we tie her to a tree, then just leave." said Katelyn.

"Guys." said Kiki.

"We can't do that!" said Dante.

"GUYS!" yelled Kiki "OUR HORSES JUST RAN AWAY!!!"

"WHAT!?" yell Katelyn and Dante while looking in the direction of the horses.

"Get back here!" said Katelyn about to run after them.

Dante grabbed her by the arm to stop her. "They've gone too far ahead." he said "There is no use in chasing after him."

"I guess we are traveling on foot for now then." said Kiki.

"I guess we are." said Dante.

"Perhaps we could make it to Nahakra Village or Scaleswind before nightfall." said Katelyn. "I don't want to spend the night here."

"Agreed." said Kiki "Witch way do we go?"

"It doesn't matter." said Aphmau "He's coming, and He's coming fast. I can sense it."

"Who is "He" Aphmau?" asked Kiki.

Aphmau grinned. "Zane."