Chapter 27: Rebuilding

"Surprise!" Yelled Aphmau while uncovering Kiki's eyes.

"Oh my gosh!" said Kiki "Thank you!"

"Oh its nothing really." said Aphmau "I haven't been doing much for Phoenix Drop lately so I decided that I should rebuild everyone's homes, 'cause... you know... everything getting destroyed and all."

"Ya, but you didn't really have to rebuild my barn." said Kiki "I would've been fine with a small house."

"That's the thing." said Aphmau "This is a barn and a house! Come inside I'll show you around."

Aphmau opened the barn doors and Kiki walked inside. Aphmau started to walk around and show Kiki everything. Aphmau started to talk "Here on the first floor, we have a wide arrangement of stables and pens. From small to big, like one for an elephant-" Aphmau gestured to a large pen "- to one for a hamster." Ahpmau gestured to a small pen. "Also, a giant tank for marine life!"

"This is amazing Aphmau!" said Kiki in awe.

"That's not all." said Aphmau. "If you'll follow me downstairs. Notice that there are actually stairs, not ladders."

Kiki giggled. "kee kee kee."

"Down here we have insulated walls and a fireplace. It would make a lovely family room." said Aphmau. "If you'll look over to your left you'll see a lovely little kitchen with a oven, cabinets and more. Also to your left we have a lovely dining area."

"Aphmau, this is amazing! How can I repay you for this?" asked Kiki.

"No need to Kiki." said Aphmau. Especially since I killed your brother accidentally. "Now if you'll follow me upstairs."

Aphmau and Kiki walked upstairs to the top floor. "Here on the top floor, we have the master bedroom, the child's bedroom and a storage area. What would you like to see first?"

"Kee kee. Um... my bedroom." said Kiki.

Aphmau opened one of the doors. "There isn't much in here because I didn't want to take over the decorations for your house. There is though a queen sized bed and some side tables." said Aphmau.

"This is still wonderful." said Kiki "Let's see Leona's room."

Aphmau and Kiki walked over to Leona's room. "Here we have a crib, a change table and a box of toys."

After the house/barn tour they went outside.

"This was wonderful Aphmau." said Kiki. Then she hugged Aphmau.

"Don't mention it Kiki." said Aphmau "I've already finished up a house for Dale, Molly and Alexis. So I thought I should work on yours next."

"You made a house for Dale and Molly?" asked Kiki.

"Indeed." said Aphmau "Its around time that I start fixing things up around here."

"Who's house are you going to rebuild next?" asked Kiki.

"I was thinking Emma and Cory's house." said Aphmau.

"Oh." said Kiki "That makes sense. Thanks again Aphmau."

"Your welcome." said Aphmau.

Aphmau walked over to Lucinda's house and flopped onto the guest bed. Ugggggg! I'm so tired! I need to remember to talk to Laurence at sunrise tomorrow. Why me? Why send me back from the dead? Am I even actually alive right now? Irene sent me back because I need to help Phoenix drop, so does that mean that I'll die once I finish what I'm meant to do? I'm so confused! I bet Garroth would've been more useful here that me. Aphmau felt a pang of sadness. I miss him so much.

Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Come on in!" said Aphmau.

Lillian popped in. "Lady Aphmau." said Lillian smiling. "I have some news for you."