Chapter 14

A/N - So this was a fairly quick update in comparison to some of my others, I hope this chapter is ok for you lovely people who have put up with my terrible updating for so long! I hope you enjoy this! :-)

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

HARRY POV

On Saturday morning, I woke up and groaned, expecting another rainy day. However, when I glanced out of the window, I leapt out of bed and grinned; the sun was out, and students were already relaxing under the trees around the lake and swimming.

I dragged Ron out of bed excitedly, and he grumbled all the way down to breakfast.

"It's Saturday, Harry..." He groaned, sitting at the Gryffindor table and putting his head in his hands. Meanwhile, I shovelled beans and scrambled eggs into my mouth, excited, for the first time this year, to be able to go out into the sun.

Hermione joined us at the table a few minutes later, but she didn't sit down straight away. I didn't notice at first, as I was anxious to get outside, but eventually Ron nudged me and I looked up.

"What?" I spooned some beans into my mouth, raising an eyebrow.
"Talk to Draco," Hermione got straight to the point, and I rolled my eyes.
"Nope. Anything else?"
She sighed exasperatedly. "Harry..."
"Hermione..." I imitated her.
"Stop being difficult!" She snapped, finally sitting down. "I've seen him, he's taking it horribly. He really needs your friendship."
I snorted. "He should've thought if that before he lied to me about the pranks."

"Technically," Hermione began, and I rolled my eyes again. "He didn't lie to you. He just didn't tell you. And I'm sure it's because he knew you would react like this."

I decided that my part in the conversation was over and went back to my beans. Hermione sighed.

"Harry, mate," Ron started, and I groaned.
"Not you, too! I thought you hated Malfoy!" They both winced at my use of his surname.
"I hate how he treated you when you were enemies," Ron explained. "But I reckon he really changed once he became your friend. So... I'm with Hermione. At least give him a chance to explain himself."

I glared between them, trying to come up with an argument, but I soon gave up, chucking my fork down and going to find someone who wasn't trying to dictate my life.

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

DRACO POV

I wandered outside into the finally dry courtyard, feeling the sun on my face for the first time in two weeks. It was Saturday morning, and it had been raining non-stop since the first day of the year. I hate the rain. It always involves a lot of hanging out in the Slytherin common room, no swimming in the lake and worst of all, no Quidditch.

I was just deciding whether to grab my broom and go for a few laps around the Quidditch pitch when I heard raucous laughter. I walked further out into the grounds, searching for the noise, and spotted an enormous group of people gathering around something. I walked closer to the crowd, towering over most of them and easily seeing what was going on.

It was chaos. In the middle, Ron Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, and Lee Jordan were all lying in a pile on the ground, yelling at each other and attempting to get up. Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson and Seamus Finnigan were all arguing about something to do with balls and "goalies". Ginny Weasley and Katie Bell were simply laughing at the Weasleys and Jordan struggling and not bothering to help them. Dean Thomas was kicking a ball patterned with black and white hexagons into the strangest shaped net I have ever seen, and Neville Longbottom had somehow got himself tangled in the net opposite Dean.

I stood, stunned, at the back of the still laughing crowd. I had no idea what was going on, but I was just about to find out.

"Oi, you lot!" I turned to see Dean pushing the ball with his feet towards the others. "Ron, Fred, George, Lee, get up. You can't jump on top of someone when you tackle them. Ginny, stop laughing and help me untangle Neville. Seamus, if you're the goalkeeper you shouldn't leave the box because that'll give the other team a perfect opportunity to score. Guys, no offence, but I don't think football is your thing."

The crowd, including me, laughed even harder. I stayed and watched the game for a while, until I got bored of the lack of Bludgers (although Neville did a pretty good impression of them) and headed towards the broomstick shed. On the way, I spotted a mop of black hair underneath a tall oak, just visible behind a book. I bit back a laugh. I've never known Harry Potter to be one for reading. I thought that was Hermione's idea of fun. I walked over to him, taking a deep breath and composing myself.

"Potter." I towered above him, attempting to look authoritative. And failing.
"What? Can't you see I'm busy?"
I sighed inwardly. This was going to be hard. "Come with me."

Harry looked up at me, and I saw surprise, and (amazingly) a hint of hope in his eyes. But it vanished a second later and he looked back down at his book.
"No."
"Why not?"
"I'm busy."
Uh oh. VERY hard. "Harry," I hissed, checking that no one was around. "Please? I really need to talk to you."
"Well I have better things to do." He picked up his book and began to head for the castle.
"I'm sorry, ok?" He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me. "I'm sorry for messing you around. For embarrassing you in front if the whole school. For acting like a complete git to you, simply because that's all I've ever known." I looked for any sign of forgiveness in his face. His eyebrows were raised as he searched my face, but he obviously couldn't find any dishonesty, because he sighed.

"At least you admitted you're an asshole..." he half smiled.
"It didn't help that you rejected me in first year," I added teasingly, and he rolled his eyes.
"That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard."
"You haven't heard the worst part yet..."
He stared at me, clearly surprised. "Are you going to give a hearfelt explanation?"

I blushed and ignored his question. Looking around, awkwardly, I suddenly noticed the other people who could quite probably hear every word of our conversation.

"Shall we walk?"

A/N - So Harry was in a lovely sarcastic mood in this chapter! I love Book Harry so much more than Film Harry, anyone else? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll get the next one up as soon as possible. Happy Reading :-)