Chapter 7

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry for the wait again - Christmas and exams and blah blah blah. This is quite short but I needed to get it done for you lovely peoples, so I hope you enjoy! And that you had a good Christmas :D

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

HARRY POV

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try to get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know!" I said as we sprinted through the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom. We burst through the door, and Lockhart slammed a trunk shut.

"Are you going somewhere?" Draco asked accusingly. Lockhart looked extremely guilty.
"Ummm... Yes actually... Urgent call, unavoidable."
"What about my sister?" Ron glared at him furiously.
"Yes... Most unfortunate, but I don't think there's much I can-"
"What about all that stuff you did in your books?"
"Books can be misleading!"
"You wrote them!"
"Do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!"
I narrowed my eyes. "You're a fraud. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done."
"Is there anything you CAN do?" Ron snorted.
"Yes, now you mention it." Lockhart looked very proud of himself. "I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise all those wizards would've said something, and I'd never have sold another book."

Ron and I glanced at each other, and I saw fury in his eyes. Draco had a similar expression, glaring at Lockhart with his fists clenched.

Suddenly, Draco whipped his wand out and held it inches away from Lockhart's nose, causing the professor's eyes to go crossed.

"Listen, buddy," he snarled, making Lockhart quiver with fear. "I don't care that you're a fraud, I don't care that you have about as many brains as one of your damn pixies. Just do something worthwhile this year and help us save Ron's sister, or I promise you, I'll feed you to the Giant Squid. Got it?"

Lockhart's eyes were the size of saucers as he nodded quickly. Draco turned, satisfied, back to us, and smirked at our stunned faces.

"Damn, Draco!" I breathed, and he shrugged. He looked over at Ron, who gave him a look as if to say, "you're alright really."

I looked back at Lockhart, to find him muttering under his breath.

"Memory Charms... Yes... I think I might have to..." He slowly reached into the pocket of his robes, and I whipped my wand out, turning to point it at Lockhart at exactly the same time as Ron and Draco.

"Don't even think about it," I hissed, and he gulped.

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

RON POV

The whole way to Myrtle's bathroom, I imagined Lockhart being mauled by Acromantula, and it made me feel much better.

The whole time Harry was questioning her about how she died, I imagined Lockhart getting crushed by the Whomping Willow.

"Ron?" Harry waved a hand in front of my face and I blinked, disappointed to find Malfoy still pointing his wand at a very 3-Dimensional Lockhart.

"Myrtle said the eyes were over here," Harry said, and I looked at the sinks. Eyes?

Lockhart and I watched as Harry inspected the sinks. He ran his fingers over the taps for a while, then suddenly stopped and turned to face us. "This is it!"
"Harry, say something in Parseltongue," Malfoy said excitedly.

We stared in wonder as Harry hissed just like a snake, and the tap glowed with a bright white light. The sink began to descend into the floor, revealing and enormous pipe that was wide enough for a man to slide into.

"I'm going down there," Harry decided, and I immediately followed with, "Me too."

I glanced at Malfoy, who was watching Harry but still had his wand pointed at Lockhart, and he nodded.
"Well you hardly seem to need me," Lockhart smiled slightly. "I'll just..."

He put his hand on the doorknob, but all three of us pointed our wands at him.

"You can go first," I snarled, and Lockhart gulped. Harry and I grabbed an arm each, and dragged Lockhart towards the opening of the pipe.
"Really, boys," he stammered, "What good would it do-"

He screamed as Malfoy jabbed him sharply in the back with his wand and the professor slide downwards into the darkness. We could hear his squeaky scream getting further away as he slid down into the depths of the school.

I snorted with laughter as Harry and Malfoy followed behind him. That was almost as amusing as getting him mauled by Acromantula.