Chapter 60 - Sixteen Years Later

A/N- Hey guys! We FINALLY made it to the FINAL chapter :-( it's LONG because I got a bit carried away but... I hope you enjoy it! :-)

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

DRACO POV

4:42am. The sun wasn't even considering rising when the sound of crying from the room next door woke me up. I groaned and put my pillow over my face, pausing to see if the sound spurred any movement from the other side of the bed. But Harry's shift had only finished at half past two this morning, and he was dead to the world. Selfish prat.

"Fine, I've got them..." I muttered to no one as I got out of bed. "Daddy's coming!" I called a bit louder as I went across the hall, and the crying paused for a moment, replaced by quiet sniffling.

"Shhh..." I said soothingly, shutting the kids' bedroom door behind me. Albus was sitting bolt upright in his bed, sniffling as his brother cried under the covers. "Daddy's here..." I knelt down beside Scorpius' bed, and he lifted the cover slightly to reveal his tear-soaked face. "Did you have a nightmare?" He nodded, sitting up but keeping himself cocooned in his duvet. "That's all it was though, baby, just a scary dream. It can't hurt you."

"The spiders were chasing me," he hiccupped, climbing onto my lap. Albus clearly felt left out, because he came over too.

"Spiders are SCARY," he nodded vigorously, as though reassuring his brother.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. This was all Ron's bloody fault. Neither of them was at all scared of spiders, or any bugs, before the incident at the Weasleys' last week. Fred had made the mistake of telling all the kids about the time he turned Ron's teddy into a spider, and his and Hermione's eldest, Rose, had decided to try it on her little brother, Hugo. What none of us had anticipated was RON being the one to leap up onto the kitchen table screaming, while the kids all fell on the floor in fits of giggles. Unfortunately, since then, Albus and Scorpius seem to have got it into their heads that, if Uncle Ron is scared of spiders then there must be a reason. Harry said I couldn't tell them it's just because Uncle Ron is a sissy. "Look who's talking," he had simply muttered, showing me a picture of a ferret and snorting when my smile dropped. "Bloody hypocrite."

"Spiders are more scared of you than you are of them, boys," I said gently. "They'll stay out of your way and they're so tiny, they can't hurt you." I decided not to tell them about Acromantula just yet. "Uncle Ron was just being silly when he got on the table. You know how he likes to play jokes."

They giggled, but still seemed unsure. "Can we come in with you and Pops?" Albus asked, tugging my arm, and I hesitated. Harry told me not to let them get used to our bed, otherwise they would never sleep in their own... but whatever. He wasn't the one being subjected to their adorable puppy-dog eyes. Which they learnt from me, obviously.

"Only if you're very quiet and don't wake Pops," I said, and they immediately leapt up and ran across the hall, starfishing under the covers on my side of the bed and leaving about enough space for a Niffler. "Oh, am I supposed to sleep on the floor?" I whispered, pretending to be offended, and they giggled, putting their hands over their mouths to muffle the sounds. "We'll see about that..."

I pretended to sit on Scorpius, who squealed into his hand as Albus laughed. Not wanting to wake Harry, I gently shoved them over and got back into bed, my eyelids already heavy. "Sleep now... Daddy needs to be ready for tomorrow," I said quietly, ruffling their hair as my stomach fluttered with nerves. "I don't want to hear a sound until at least nine o'clock..."

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

"Oh, Happy Valentines' to me..." Harry was leaning on his elbow and laughing at me and the twins as we opened our eyes groggily. "So, because Daddy was asleep, we forgot the rules about sleeping in our own beds?"