Chapter 56

RON POV

"Do you know the last time I saw my son, Potter?" Lucius Malfoy asked, taking a step closer to us. There was a slight madness in his expression, which made me even more terrified of him.

Narcissa was standing a little behind him, looking about as terrified as us as she watched the scene.

Harry said nothing in response to Lucius, who continued anyway.

"The last time I saw my son was when you," he spat, "and your blood traitor friends kidnapped him! You made me look like a fool! Where is he?" He roared, pointing his wand directly at Harry.

"I don't know," Harry said simply.
"LIAR! CRUCIO!" Lucius yelled.

Harry cried out in pain, knocked backwards by the force of the spell. He stayed where he landed on the floor, curled into a ball.

"NO!"

Another spell came from thin air and just missed Lucius, and we all looked around in confusion. Draco suddenly appeared, looking furious.

"I WON'T LET YOU HURT THEM!" He roared, aiming another spell at his father. It hit Lucius squarely in the chest, sending him flying into a wobbly stack of old desks. They fell to the floor all around him, and then there was silence.

Draco rushed over to where Harry lay.

"Harry..." he said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. Harry grabbed his hand and squeezed it, giving him a weak smile.
"You did it," he said quietly. "You stood up to him."
Draco chuckled. "About bloody time."

"Draco?" Narcissa said, coming closer. He stood up and wrapped his arms tightly around her.
"Hi, Mum."
She pulled away and cupped his face in her hands. "I'm so glad you're alright."

Feeling uncomfortable, I went over to help Harry stand up, while Hermione grabbed the diadem from the top of the cupboard.

"We need to get out of here," Draco said quickly, and we all nodded. We began to walk in what we thought was the right direction towards the door, meeting dead ends and dangerously stacked objects everywhere.

"Descendo!" Came a yell from behind the wall of objects to our right. The wall began to crumble, and we all leapt out of the way as objects rained down around us.

"You can't escape me, Potter!" Lucius roared, appearing through the mass of objects. We turned and ran, dodging jets of light and throwing some of our own behind us.

A roaring, crackling noise suddenly filled the room, and we looked behind us in horror as a wall of fire grew and started to chase us.

"Aguamenti!" Harry yelled, but the stream of water from his wand evaporated the second it hit the air.

"RUN!"

Draco grabbed his mother's hand and pulled her along with him; Hermione did the same to Harry.

This was cursed fire - Lucius had used a spell that I had never heard of before - it looked like it was alive, chasing us and mutating into huge creatures as it moved. It was impossible to outrun it.

I spotted some broomsticks in a pile of junk and chucked one to Harry, before helping Hermione onto the back of my own.

"Hold on," Harry yelled, "where's Draco? And Narcissa?"

We looked around in horror - the Malfoys were nowhere to be seen. Harry immediately kicked off and flew back the way we had come - straight into the fire.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, before following him. We dodged flames and towering piles of junk as we looked around, until we finally spotted them on top of a huge stack of cupboards. Harry reached down and grabbed Draco's hand, and Hermione did the same for Narcissa.