Chapter 55

DRACO POV

I followed Harry through the crowds of students in the hallway and up the marble staircase. Many people pointed and whispered when they saw him pass, but as far as I could tell, no one was able to see me.

"Harry!" A familiar voice called, and we stopped in our tracks. Luna was running up the stairs behind us, panting. "Have you found it yet? Hey, Draco," she added, and I blinked, looking down at myself to check I was still 'invisible'. "I can feel your anxiety."

I blushed, glad neither of them could see me, as Harry glanced warily in my direction.

"We haven't found it," he sighed exasperatedly. "But, Luna... I don't suppose you'd know where we might find the Grey Lady?"

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

Luna led us to the Grey Lady, also known as Helena Ravenclaw. I stayed back - I didn't think the presence of a "Death Eater" would make her any more willing to give Harry information.

She was reluctant at first, but Harry was able to convince her that all he wanted to do was destroy the diadem, and eventually she gave him enough information.

Or so I thought.

"But where is it now?" He asked as we went back up towards the centre of the battle.
I blinked at him. "Uhh..."
"Voldemort hid the diadem somewhere in the castle when he came back to ask Dumbledore for a job..." He seemed to be talking to himself more than to me. "But WHERE..."

I thought hard, desperate to be of some assistance in whatever Harry's mission was. Where would Voldemort HIDE something...?

The answer hit me like a curse.

"The Room of Requirement."

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

We fought through huge crowds of students and teachers and Death Eaters and god knows what else to reach the seventh floor.

Harry stood in front of the wall and seconds later the door appeared. As we walked inside, I shuddered at the familiar silence of the chamber. Harry didn't see, thanks to the charm, but he also seemed to feel the uncomfortable atmosphere of the Room.

"So... are we looking for a tiara?"
Harry nodded. "It's on top of a stone bust, and the bust is on top of an old cupboard. It's somewhere... Somewhere around here."

He stopped dead by the Vanishing Cabinet, and my heart sank. Harry didn't meet my gaze for a second, simply looking in disgust at the object.

"Harry..." I said softly, reaching for his hand. He flinched, and I withdrew it, the familiar feeling of guilt taking over me. "I'm so sorry..."
He nodded. "I know."

He stood for a second, and then shook his head as though to clear it. "Shall we split up? We might be able to find it faster."

I nodded sadly. Harry looked towards me for a moment, and I realised he couldn't see me. "Yeah."

Harry nodded, and then turned and walked away. I walked in the opposite direction, keeping my eyes peeled for a tiara.

A cupboard to my left rattled loudly, and I looked on top for a bust. Nothing.

But as I looked, the doors of the cupboard rattled more violently, and then burst open, making me yell in shock and sending me flying backwards.

Because of all the people in the world, who should step out but my father.

"Draco..." he hissed, stepping closer. I scrambled backwards, my knees too weak to let me run away. "You have betrayed us!" He yelled, making me jump. "You were born to be a Death Eater! Kill Potter and come back to us!"