Chapter 16

A/N - Hey guys! I was feeling super motivated to keep writing this story, because I've been soooo bad at updating, so I've got another chapter less than a week after the last! Proud moment :') hope you enjoy it! Happy Reading :-)
-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

HARRY POV

After dinner, I went straight up to the dormitory to get my Invisibility cloak. I had a plan, and Draco wasn't going to like it.

Because it was still early, I had to dodge a lot of people in the corridors on the way to the Astronomy Tower, and more than once did I have to stop and hold my stomach in to avoid someone running into me. It took a lot longer to get there than usual, so I had to be quick if I wanted my plan to work.

First I tied a piece of string to the two sides of the door, low enough that you couldn't really see it when you came up the stairs. Then I cracked open the supply cupboards around the room so they would open easily, and closed all of the windows so that the curtains wouldn't move. Glancing at my watch, I panicked when I saw that it was 8:55. I pulled my Invisibility cloak back over my head and waited in silence. 8:56... 57... 58... 59... 9 o'clock.

On cue, I heard a yelp as Draco fell head first through the door, landing on the cold stone floor.

"Harry?!" He yelled, getting up and looking around. When he saw nothing, he walked over the sofa and sat down, muttering angrily about the string. I snuck up behind him and scratched my fingernails against the back of the sofa, making him jump. "Harry...?" He asked, sounding slightly nervous. I grinned and tiptoed over to one of the cupboards, slowly opening the door. Draco heard the creak and turned around, his eyes wide. Suddenly he snarled.

"Peeves!" He roared, expecting either a giggle or a sign that the poltergeist was here. I stayed silent, and eventually he sighed and looked at his watch. As he did so, I snuck over to the window and brushed against the curtains, making him turn. While he was looking at the curtains, I snuck up behind him and tickled his neck. "Seriously, whoever this is, it isn't funny anymore!" He yelled, turning rapidly in different directions and flapping at the air. I couldn't help but giggle slightly as I drew back. Draco froze and stared straight at me. He slowly put his hand out and took a step closer. I moved back, trying hard not to give myself away...

The tug on the cloak came too late as I lost my balance and fell backwards onto the floor. The cloak flew off, gathering in a heap at Draco's feet. I looked up at him warily, and saw his signature smirk as he watched me on the floor.

"You son of a bitch," he grinned.

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

DRACO POV

"You have an Invisibility cloak?" I was stunned. "You're a Parselmouth... You're the Boy Who Lived... Bloody hell, Harry, anything else you want to tell me?"
He looked at me sheepishly, and I backtracked. "I WAS joking..."

"Shall we?" He asked, changing the subject, and I smirked.
"Not yet," I laughed, chucking a pillow at him. "You don't seriously think I'm going to let you get away with that?"

He rolled his eyes and threw the pillow right back at me. "I think you deserved it after last year!" I shrugged and returned the pillow, and a childish fight began.

"Take that!" Harry yelled, and I snorted.
"Are we five?" I rolled my eyes.
"Well we are having a pillow fight..." Harry reminded me, aiming another one so that it hit me squarely in the face. I blinked, briefly stunned, and then grabbed the pillow. When I stood up, I couldn't see Harry anywhere. Then I heard a shuffle and saw his butt sticking out from behind one of the sofas. Grinning, I crept closer and aimed directly at his behind. He yelped and leapt a foot in the air, and I could barely stand up because I was laughing so hard.

"Asshole..." He muttered, climbing over the sofa and sitting down.
"Speaking of assholes, how's yours?" I winked, and he rolled his eyes.
"You're too punny for your own good," he sighed.
"How CHEEKY!" I paused, waiting for him to catch on. A couple of seconds later he groaned and put his head in his hands.
"Your puns are so SHIT," he said, lifting his head and smirking at me.
"Right..." I said sarcastically, "whereas yours make me CRACK up laughing..."

I waited for his reaction, but he seemed to be trying his utmost not to meet my eyes. I moved directly in front of him so that he had no choice but to meet my gaze, and we both burst out laughing.

Suddenly, we heard a scratchy voice on the stairs.
"I know you're in there!" Filch called up the stairs, and my stomach flipped at how close he was. "You can't hide..."

I felt a piece of material slide over my head, and turned to see Harry's nose inches from my own. He put a finger to his lips and I nodded. At that moment, a lamp appeared in the doorway.

Harry and I stayed completely still, waiting for Filch to enter the room. Harry suddenly jabbed me in the back and pointed at the floor near the door. My eyes widened when I saw the piece of string still suspended between the frame.

Filch didn't notice until it was too late. His lamp fell to the floor with a crash, smashing into millions of pieces, and he fell straight forwards. Luckily for him, the pillows from our fight were all over the floor so he had a soft landing. Trying very hard not to laugh, Harry and I slipped past him and down the stairs.

"That was AMAZING!" I snorted as we reached a deserted corridor, and Harry grinned.
"Listen, Draco," he said quietly, "please don't tell anyone about my Invisibility cloak. Only me, you, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore know about it, and-"
"Dumbledore?" I asked. "Why does he know?"
"He gave it to me," Harry explained sheepishly, and my mouth fell open.
"I always knew he was insane," I muttered, and Harry giggled.
"A little bit," he admitted. "Please don't tell anyone though, who knows whether they might tell a teacher..."
I nodded. "I won't." He stared at me, no humour in his eyes. I put a hand on his shoulder, my face completely serious, and said, "trust me."