Chapter 3

A/N- Hey guys! I feel AWFUL that it's been so long since I updated! Rubbish excuse time: massive workload the minute the new year started, and it's probably not gonna get much better (yaaaay...). I will do my best though... I hope you all enjoy this RIDICULOUSLY late chapter (sorry!) :-)

/\-\/-/\-\/-/\

TWO WEEKS LATER

HARRY POV

Finally, my detentions were over. Two weeks of scrubbing the trophy room, the staff room, the dungeons, and every single statue and suit of armour in the castle. Four times each. Without magic.

Snape kept me up until midnight every night, sneering at me and making snarky comments whenever he felt the urge. I was so exhausted and irritable by the time I got back to Gryffindor Tower that I snapped at anyone who tried to speak to me and went straight up to the dormitory, collapsing fully clothed on my bed.

I was also rapidly getting behind on my homework, to the point where I was needing to skip breakfast to write a few inches on goblins for Binns or scribble down some notes on Cheering Charms for Flitwick.

"You look awful, Harry," Hermione pointed out, sitting down on the chair next to me and my towering pile of books in the common room.

"I'm fine," I replied sharply, not looking up from Gadding with Ghouls.

"Really? Because you've been snapping at Ron and I all week, there are enormous bags under your eyes, and come on, I can hear your stomach from here." I put the book down and glared at her, before picking up Hogwarts: A History.

"Please, Harry," Hermione was almost pleading now. "Just come down to dinner with me?"

I sighed. I was so hungry, but I really needed to finish my history of magic and potions essays, AND practise the Vera Verto spell for McGonagall.

I stayed silent, my eyes still on the page. Hermione waited a while for an answer, but then appeared to give up and leave. However, she came back a few minutes later, only this time without her bag. I tried to stay focused on a particularly boring passage in the book.

"Harry Potter!" Hermione said firmly, making me jump. "You are making yourself ill. Stop being ridiculous and listen to me. If you come down to dinner with me right now, I will help you with the Transfiguration homework AND the introductions to both of your essays."

I looked up at her in surprise. She drew herself up to her full height, snatched Hogwarts: A History out of my hands, and piled all of my books into my bag. I was too startled (or maybe just too tired) to even move, so when she grabbed my hand and dragged me through the portrait hole, I let her.

/\-\/-/\-\/-/\

DRACO POV

I let my eyes wander around the Great Hall during dinner. I enjoyed watching people, making sly comments about them to my friends and, if possible, making fun of them where they could see. What can I say? I have a reputation to uphold.

I spotted Potter and Granger walk in long after everyone else. At the sight of the Boy Who Lived, I did a double take. He had bags under his eyes, he was even thinner than usual, and he looked paler than the Bloody Baron. Basically, he looked DREADFUL. I mean, Potter's pretty ugly anyway, but today, he looked WORSE.

"Glad to see you, mate." I glanced discreetly over to the Gryffindor table and saw Weasley slap Potter on the back as he sat down. I simply heard a grunt in reply, and then the Mudblood saying, "come on, Harry. Eat," as she shovelled food onto his plate.

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled, and Granger snorted.

"I can hear your stomach, mate." Weasley laughed awkwardly. I shuffled a little further along the bench so I could watch Potter. He sighed and picked up his fork, moving the food around a little bit. Granger stopped eating and glared at him. "What's going on, Harry? You've been so weird over the last few weeks."