Chapter 37 - Summer

A/N- Hey guys! This may be my favourite chapter that I've ever written, simply because of Tori - you'll see if you read on... She may show up again depending on what happens... We'll see! Happy Reading! :-)

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

Summer

HARRY POV

The end of the year came as a huge relief. Not only were our exams over, so was the chaos at the Ministry, and possibly one of the worst years of my life. I never ever thought I would be so glad to return to 4 Privet Drive.

It wouldn't have been my first choice, though. The second we were all home safe from the Ministry and Dumbledore and I had had our long chat, I went to find Sirius.

He and Lupin were in the hospital wing with Hermione, Ron and the rest of the Weasleys, and they all stood up when I walked in with Dumbledore.

Dumbledore warned them that I was exhausted, that I needed rest and not to hassle me with too many questions. I was beginning to get a sense of dejá vu - it felt exactly the same as last year. Once he was sure I was settled, he left us alone, and the first thing I did was get back out of bed and give Sirius a huge hug. He didn't say anything, he just wrapped his arms around me.

The others all moved away, back towards Ron and Hermione's beds, to give us a bit of privacy.

"I can't come and live with you," I whispered, closing my eyes. He didn't speak, as though he knew I wasn't finished. "Dumbledore explained why I had to live with the Dursleys..."

I sat down and told him the whole story, and I could see tears in his eyes as I reached the part about my mother's sacrifice.

"Oh, Harry... And the charm breaks when you turn seventeen?"
I nodded bitterly. "Guess I'm stuck with them for another year..."
He chuckled. "But at the end of that year, you can come and live with us," he promised, looking straight into my eyes. "When all this is over, we'll be one big, happy family."

So no, I wasn't too impressed at having to return to the Dursleys, but there was no doubt that it would be the complete opposite of how this year had been, and that was definitely what I needed. No attention, no magic, and no Voldemort. For six whole weeks.

As we went through the barrier on Platform 9 and 3/4, I saw a group of people waiting to greet me who I wasn't expecting at all. Mad-Eye Moody was there, a bowler hat perched over his face to hide his magical eye. Tonks and Lupin were beside him, and at their feet sat a large black dog. Mr and Mrs Weasley and the Grangers were there too, along with Fred and George, and they all rushed over to greet us as we came through the wall.

Hermione, Ron and Ginny were immediately pounced on by their parents, while I turned to the others.

"I didn't expect..." I knelt down and gave Sirius a hug around the neck, earning me a bark. "What are you doing here?"
"We thought we'd have a little chat with your uncle and aunt nefore letting them take you home," Lupin explained.
"I dunno if that's a good idea..."
"Oh, I think it is," Moody growled, pointing through the crowd. "That'll be them, will it, Potter?"

I followed his finger, and nodded. The Dursleys were standing a little way away from us, looking completely horrified by my welcoming committee.

Moody led the group towards the Dursleys, and I made sure to hide near the back with Ron and Hermione.

As we approached them, Uncle Vernon's face turned an even depper shade of red, and Aunt Petunia was looking anywhere but at the strange group of people standing right in front of her.

"We would like to talk to you about Harry," Mr Weasley said pleasantly.
Uncle Vernon looked furious. "I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my-"
"I expect what you're not aware of could fill several books, Dursley," Moody growled. I wanted to high five him for that one.
"Anyway, that's not the point," Tonks said quickly. "The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry-"
"And make no mistake, we'll hear about it," Lupin smiled pleasantly.
"Yes," added Mr Weasley, "even if you don't let him us the felly-tone-"
"Telephone," Hermione whispered.