Chapter 79 - Two Years Later...

Chapter 79:

I jump onto the bed and shake Alex gently. His sleepy eyes open and he stretches out his limbs as I rest a leg either side of him.

"Good morning to you too." He laughs. I hit his chest happily and a huge smile rests on my lips.

"What's got you so happy?" he asks as he rolls us over and kisses my neck sweetly.

"The papers went through!" I say excitedly. He pulls back and grins at me.

"Baby that's amazing!" he wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me tight, still hovering over me.

"Ugh, at least close the door if you're going to do it." Kat groans as she leans against the doorframe to our room.

I jump up and hug her close. She slowly hugs me back and laughs at my random burst of happiness.

"I got the studio space, Kat! It's finally going to happen. After two years of College, working three jobs, and some help from my parents, I'm finally getting the chance to open my own dance studio. I did it, Kitty Kat. I really did it." She hugs me tighter as I talk and lets out a high pitched squeal.

"I'm so happy for you, Arna! Now get dressed...you're going home." She pulls back and holds me at arm's length as that beautiful smile stretches across her pink stained lips.

I nod my head and she walks out of the room to get ready for her classes.

Speaking of classes, the last two years have been amazing. Alex and I are like a normal couple, and last September I celebrated my 20th. Alex is 21 and we had a big party with the friends we made here. Kat and Riley are still going strong, and plan to live together if the next two years of school go smoothly.

We graduated officially yesterday, and everything is packed up and ready to go. My dad's said they are more than happy to have me home for a little while, while I find a house.

I was worried about how the two years would affect my relationship with Alex, but it has gotten stronger and even more loving. Some habits and addictions have been harder to kick. I went six months without hurting myself, but when the doctor took me off the depression medication, I went down hard.

I was having dark moments, apparently, every day. I hacked at my skin more than I did before, and I was distant for a long time. I didn't talk for three weeks at one point. I just studied and danced and danced until I passed out from dehydration and malnutrition.

I overworked myself to the point of restless nights, a plummeting health, and a higher dosage of schizophrenia meds. I begged Alex not to tell my parents about any of it, and he finally accepted.

"I'll never get over how good you look in my shirt." He bites his lip and I laugh as I put my hair on top of my head in a messy bun.

His shirt sweeps across my bare legs as I crawl onto the bed, capturing his lips in mine. Our hands entwine and come up beside us. The kiss stays gentle and soft, our lips melting together into a perfect sync. It doesn't become heated like others, but it lasts longer than most.

"Your lips are too addicting." He gasps out as we come up for air.

"Well you're going to have to break the addiction, because we need to get ready." I get off the bed and search for something to wear before I have a shower.

I turn on the shower and lift his shirt over my head and lay it on the edge of the sink. I strip off my undergarments and step into the warm water, letting it cascade down my face and body.

I sigh in content at the warm liquid against my colder skin. A smile comes to my lips as I feel two strong arms around my waist, and at first I think I'm imagining it, before his honey smooth voice and accent reaches my ear.