Chapter 88 - Monsters

Chapter 88:

36 weeks. Four more weeks until I get to hold them in my arms. Alex and I are back to normal, but he still reminds me every day that I'm not hurting him like I constantly think I am. How does he not hate me? I hate me.

"What on earth is that?" Alex asks as he sits next to me and peers down at my bowl.

"Kale and peanut butter." I shrug, like it's completely normal.

"Uh...why?" he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Because one of the twins is craving Kale and the other is craving Peanut butter. Sue me." I sigh.

"Wow your cravings are weird." He shakes his head and laughs.

"Oh bite me." I snap back.

"Whoa there Mrs Hormones." He laughs and I slap him on the back of the head as I stand up. Quite difficultly, I might add.

"Oh shut up. Have you talked to the wedding planner? We just need to work out the flowers and we're set for the 5th of February." I groan in pain. My fucking back is being a bitch!

"Yeah, she put in the order and they will be ready for the 5th." He says loudly so I can hear him since I'm in the kitchen.

"Good." I smile a little, but I'm too tired to be overly happy right now.

I look at the clock and see that it's already 9 p.m. No wonder I'm so tired. I'm supposed to be on bed rest, but the studio needs someone there to look after the financials, so screw the doctors.

"I have a meeting with the Spanish Priest tomorrow to finalise the details for the blessing once I go into labour. I also have to go down to the studio and see if the troupe is ready for the competition next week. Britney doesn't have her solo anymore because she was acting like a brat, and I am literally so close to kicking her out of the advanced class." I groan as I sit back down with a thud. I'm a whale. A beached whale.

"You shouldn't be going to the studio. You should be at home, in bed." He pouts, his arm around my shoulders as I lean into his side.

"I know, but there's just so much to do. Choreographing the routines, organising the bus for the comp and praying to god I don't go into labour. Plus the wedding plans have been killing me, even with everyone helping us. Plus because of the date, we agreed on, the twins would only be 3 months old. I don't want to change it, because it means a lot to me, plus the invitations have already been sent and replied to. I'm just so sick of being called for interview after interview! The last 8 and a half months, I've been on 27. How is that even possible?!" I groan, burying my face into his chest as I feel both of his arms go around me.

"You need to call Amy and get her to take them. She's the best teacher there, besides you. Let her take them to the comp. It's 4 hours away for god's sake. You go into labour and there's a chance I may not make it in time. Please, just stay here. I can go see the priest, or we can ask him to come here." He pleads.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." I sigh.

***

"Darcy, it's good to see you again." I shake the older priest's hand.

"You too Father David. Thank you for coming." I smile happily and we all sit down. Alex sitting next to me, and Father David across from us in the arm chair.

"I was quite happy when you came down to the church and told me about your family's tradition. I have not done a traditional blessing since I moved to America." He grins.

"I've broken a few family rules, and I don't want to break another one. This blessing means a lot to me and my twins. Culture has always, and will always, be a big part of my life." I say happily.