Chapter 86 - Gone

A/N: I'm so lazy lol. Schools stressful and I'm doing my HSC this year so woo...

So yeah sorry guys <3

-Em xo

Chapter 86:

"My back is killing me!" I groan as I unlock the front door.

"Well why don't I run you a warm and relaxing bath, and then give you one of my massages?" Alex suggests as he kisses my shoulder, arms around waist.

"Mmm, that sounds perfect." I say quietly.

My hand searches up and down the wall until I find the light switch. You'd think I would know where it is by now, huh?

The light comes on, blinding me for a second or two, like always.

"Surprise!" a dozen people yell out as they jump up from different areas. I jump back instantly and feel my back hit Alex's chest.

"What are you all doing here?" I laugh, looking around at the blue and pink streamers.

"We are here to throw you an amazing baby shower/engagement party." Ashley says happily, and I spot Kat next to her. Aww she came!

"You guys are so amazing." I tear up, fanning myself so I don't cry.

"Aww look who's getting all emotional." Kat coos as she hugs me.

"Shut up, it's these damn hormones." I laugh, hugging her back.

I greet everyone and thank them all, but they tell me the same thing. It was all Kat and Ashley's ideas.

"You two are so amazing." I hug them both again at the same time.

"Well you deserve it! We have great food, awesome music, fun games, and lots and lots of presents for the twins and their very deserving momma bear." Ashley says happily.

"Well have fun, because us guys are taking Alex and getting out of this baby hell." Tommy points out.

"Fine, fine. But you get him drunk Thomas and there will be no bachelor party!" Ash says sternly.

"Yes ma'am." TJ mocks, earning him a slap to the back of the head.

They all leave to head off to god knows where, and it's left with just us girls. I look around and marvel at the decorations. Pink and blue streamers twisted around each other beautifully. The same colours reaching balloons and even table cloths. The food is exquisite and most things are chocolate!

I know my midwife and doctor said to stay healthy, but come on. I'm 7 months along and craving everything. Give me a break!

"So how has everything been?" Sash asks as we all sit down.

"It's been okay I guess." I shrug, and they all share unconvinced and worried looks.

"You don't have to pretend with us, Darc. It couldn't have been easy almost losing them." Kat says.

I look down at my lap, my left hand rubbing my right one. I sigh quietly, and my eyes flick to my stomach.

"I'm scared." I say simply but honestly.

"About what?" Leila asks with a pout.

"I still can't feel them. I don't have the connection I used to. I still love them and I can't wait to be a mother, but I don't feel them. They haven't kicked since that day, and every time I wake up, I expect them to be dead. But the ultrasound every week shows they are still there. Still healthy. I just don't believe it." I shake my head.