Chapter 5 - Management

(A/N: For the future events, and the one in this chapter, Adam is going to still be with RCA records. I know we hate them cause they suck, and all that, but I needed him to answer to management for the purpose of this story. If you are a directioner or have read a 1D book, you might have seen them go to Simon and management, and it is going to be like that.)

Chapter 5:

It's my second day at the house, at my new home, though I still struggle to call it that. I'm more trustworthy of Adam, but still flinch whenever we touch. He tries to comfort me, and be loving like any parent would. I know he wants me to see him like that, to see him as someone I could call a parent. And one day I want to, but I don't think I'm ready yet, I don't think I will be for a while.

"Yeah okay, I'll be there soon." Adam says as he walks into the lounge room, his phone to his ear. He sounds annoyed and quite frankly, pissed off, with whoever is on the other line.

He pulls the phone away and ends the call, running his hands over his face in annoyance.

"That was management, they want me to go in and have a meeting. I guess they want to talk about the new change in plans." He says with a laugh and a small smile.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the 'new change in plans' is me. I don't mind though.

I am kind of worried. What if they say that he can't keep me around? I don't care what they think, but I care about what Adam thinks. What if he agrees with them, or has no choice? I just got over the main part of my fear of him, I don't want to go back to faze one.

"Are you going to be okay for an hour or two?" he says, sounding a little guilty.

"I'll be fine." I say with a small reassuring smile.

He nods his head and looks more relieved than before. He grabs his keys and puts his phone in his pocket.

"I'll be back soon." Adam says, opening the front door. I wave a little and he closes the door behind him. After a minute or two, I hear him pull out of the driveway.

Adam's POV:

I pull up to the big office looking building, and park my car close to the entrance. Management can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. I don't care what they think of me taking on Darcy, because nothing is ever going to change my mind.

I run my hands through my black hair, and open my car door, shutting it behind me and pressing the auto lock on my keys.

I walk towards the entrance and push the doors open as I stuff my keys in my pocket.

"Hey Jay." I say to the guy behind the reception desk. He looks up from his book and smiles at me.

"Hey Adam." He says happily.

I press the top arrow button on the elevator wall, and wait for the doors to open. After a minute or two, I walk into the elevator and press the 14th floor button. I watch the numbers on the small screen as they go up and up.

The elevator dings, and the doors open. I walk out and down the hall, towards the room I know all too well. I turn the handle and walk in.

"Ah, Mr Lambert, have a seat." Ryan, the head guy at RCA records, points to a chair at the end of the table, opposite him.

"So, what did you need me for?" I ask, trying not to sound rude. To be honest, Ryan is a jerk.

I'm completely grateful that I have a record label who believes in me and has helped me bring 2 albums to life, but they try to make me into someone I'm not.