Chapter 34 - Do Nightmares Come True?

Chapter 34:

I woke up with a startle, my breaths heavy and hard to grasp. I look at the clock and see that it's 8:33am already. Why didn't Adam wake me up? I thought we had stuff to do today.

Brushing off the thought, I still decide to investigate. So I get out of bed, and go to Adam's room, the door open.

I peer in, but no one's there. I also notice that everything's gone. His suitcase isn't by the door and the room just feels...empty.

I don't think much of it. He's probably just working something out. Or he's with the band. They did come to the hotel last night.

I walk into the lounge room, looking for a note, but there isn't one. So I look in the kitchen, and that's empty to.

I decide to check with the band to see if they know where he is.

I walk out of the room, clad in my long black PJ pants and plain white top. I knock on the door, 3 rooms down, but no one answers. So I check the one another door down, and nothing.

"Where are you?" I say to myself.

I walk to the elevators and press the down arrow on the wall next to one. After a minute it dings and the doors slowly open.

I press the lobby button after stepping in and wait for it to make its journey down. After 2 minutes it finally reaches the floor I want, and I step out, now not caring that I look like a mess. I just need to find Adam.

My breathing picks up as I half run to the front desk. But not because I'm basically running, but because I'm anxious to find him, as if something terrible will happen if I don't.

"Excuse me?" I say as I reach the wooden desk, my hands gripping the edge until my knuckles turn white.

"How can I help you?" The same girl, who checked us in, says with her bubbly personality.

"Have you seen the guy I checked in with? Floor 23, room 23208. 6 foot, black hair, blue eyes?" She has a thinking look for a minute or 2 before a light bulb seems to go off in her head.

"Mr Lambert?" I quickly nod my head and she smiles.

"He left the hotel about 5 minutes ago, you just missed him. He was with 6 or 7 other people who I recognised as his band, and I think, dancers." I quickly thank her and run out of the hotel.

He would never leave me without any word. He would never leave me at all. At least...I don't think he would.

I reach the front of the hotel and see a huge tour bus.

But...we're not taking a tour bus. We're not touring London. Not until next year when his 3rd album gets released.

"Adam!" I yell out. He turns and looks at me as the others get onto the bus. He seems to look straight through me before ignoring me and going to get onto the bus.

"Adam what are you doing? What is all of this? Why are you leaving me?" I gesture to the bus as I ask the second question.

"Why would I want to stay anywhere near you?" he finally turns around and almost spits his words, as if they were venom burning his tongue. A disgusted look takes over his face and I take a step back out of shock.

"What...what are you talking about? You can't just leave me here. I'm...I'm your daughter." I whisper the last part, looking down.

"I don't have a daughter. Especially not you. Why would anyone want you Darcy? You're broken, you're scarred, and you're disgusting. No one will ever love you. Especially not me or Sauli." He turns around and walks into the bus, my eyes watching his disappearing figure.