Chapter 17 - A Thousand Years

A/N: here's chapter 17 :) there is a part in this where Darcy gets a 'craving' (you'll understand what I mean when you read it) and I just want to say that I'm not making this stuff up. I'm sure some of you can relate to what it's like, I know I can. So yeah, hope you like it :)

Love you all so much!

-Em xo

Chapter 17:

We arrive home, Adam telling me to just leave the bags in the car, as we'll 'get them later' as he says. Which I'm fine with because I don't really want to take in 14 bags right now. I have to admit, I'm a little tired from today.

We walk up to the door, Adam in front of me unlocking it, and Sauli behind me. The door is opened the house is mysteriously pitch black. Usually there is some form of light to brighten the house.

"SURPRISE!" About 20, or maybe even more, voices all yell, jumping up from different places of the living room and kitchen.

I look around me at the familiar, and a lot of new, faces. A smile brightens my complexion, and a laugh escapes my lips. One of happiness and joy. I can't believe they would do something like this for me. I can't believe they care enough.

And right now, I'm not so tired anymore.

"Surprise." Adam says from next to me, looking a little weary of my reaction to the party.

I take one look at him, and jump up, wrapping my arms around his neck. He seems taken back, but eventually hugs me back tightly, smiling into my shoulder.

We release our grip on each other, and I move to Sauli, hugging him close. He doesn't take so long, seeming happy with my reaction, and hugs me back.

"Why don't I introduce you to the people you haven't formally met yet?" Adam says, as Sauli walks over to hug Leila.

She grips him tightly and kisses his forehead, before they start a conversation after pulling away. She really loves him, and I can tell she knows the same thing I do. They are soul mates. She knows that her son and future son-in-law will be always be happy together.

"Darc, this is my little brother, Neil. Neil this is my beautiful foster daughter, Darcy." Adam says as Neil walks over to us. He holds out his hand and I shake it politely.

"It's nice to meet you Darcy, and happy birthday. And Adam, I am not your 'little brother'. I'm 29 dude." Neil chuckles.

"It's nice to meet you to." I say with a smile.

"Does your father get an introduction to his future granddaughter?" Eber laughs as he walks over to us and slings an arm over Neil's shoulders.

I don't know why, but what he said really freaked me out. I guess I just realised. Realised that I'm not just a foster daughter. I'm a foster and maybe even future adopted, niece and granddaughter. As well as a great granddaughter to Adam's Nan. Who, by the way, is a lovely woman.

And it scares me. I'm going to be surrounded by Adam's family and friends every birthday, Christmas, and even thanksgiving considering they're American.

"It's good to finally meet you Darcy, happy birthday." I return Eber's smile.

"Thank you and it's good to meet you as well." If I have to keep saying that, I'm going to explode.

My mind runs over it again. The fact that all these people are new to me, and here to celebrate my turning of 16. It's like I take a step forward and I'm knocked 2 steps back, or sometimes even further.

What if it doesn't work out? What if I mess everything up, and bring down his career without even meaning to. What if his family hates me? What if I relapse? I've been trying so hard to stop cutting. To stop for Adam and Sauli. But I can't. It's been 3 days since my last sight of red stained skin, and god I miss it.