Chapter 83 - It's A...

A/N: Okay my pets, that is enough for today haha, more in a few days :) message me with questions or just to let me know what you think. Love you all very very much <3

Oh and I just completed my yearly exams! All 7! and just officially finished year 11 woo!! I have 2 weeks of holidays before 4th term starts and year 12 starts. I'm terrified but excited to be in my last year of school haha

-Em xo

Chapter 83:

"Would you like to know what you're having?" My midwife asks as she looks at both of us.

"Uh, I don't know..." I look at Alex questioningly.

"I'm happy either way." he answers my silent question.

"It would make shopping and painting the nursery a lot easier." I shrug.

"Then let's do it." He smiles, and I nod my head.

"Go ahead, doc." I hold back a squeal of excitement.

"Well from what I can see, the first baby, is..." she moves the machine around my stomach until she's happy with where it is.

"A little boy." My heart flutters at her words.

"A boy?" I coo, looking at Alex who has a proud look on his face.

"Baby number two, is..." she moves it further to the left of my stomach and has a little more trouble finding this one, but eventually does.

"A little girl. You're having one of each." Tears spring to my eyes instantly. I'm so emotional lately!

"Perfect." I laugh happily, squeezing Alex's hand.

He kisses my forehead as I picture the future. Our little boy with a slight British accent like his dad, and a slight Australian one because of me, playing sports and other boy stuff with his dad. My little girl cooking with me and being my little princess. I can already tell that she'll be daddy's little girl. And I can't wait until her name is engraved onto my family chest just like me and everyone else in our family, well the females anyway.

Speaking Spanish and Finnish with both of them, and having so much culture because of their parents and grandparents. Australian, Spanish, British, Finnish, and American.

I can't believe it. I'm having a girl. I'm having a boy. Every mother's dream. But I don't care about their genders. Just that they are happy and healthy. That's all that matters.

"Well so far I love how they are developing and growing." My midwife says as she packs up the ultrasound equipment and wipes the gel off my stomach.

I sit up and take Alex's hand out of habit. He squeezes it reassuringly and smiles a warm grin at me.

I was so worried about today. Every time I have an ultra sound, I'm worried. I just feel like they are going to tell me that I'm doing something wrong. But when I heard their two little heartbeats yesterday, I'm not afraid to say I cried.

To hear proof that they are alive and happy, is the most beautiful thing you can ever hear.

"You seem to be doing everything right, but there are a few more things I'd like you to do, and some you shouldn't be doing." She smiles kindly and I nod my head, motioning for her to continue.

"I want you to stay away from high fat and sugar contented foods. Foods with high artificial flavours and colours are a big no-no. Just try to stay with healthy food and not too much protein, but enough to keep you happy and healthy of course." She smiles, writing down what to stay away from before continuing her, surprisingly, helpful rant.