Chapter 38 - Unexpected Results

A/N: Here you go. Was going to be 2 chapters but I connected them :) Tell me what you think.

Love you babies <3

-Em xo

Chapter 38:

"Shot wound to the shoulder, we need to get him to OR 3." A younger looking doctor orders 3 nurses who continue to wheel his bed through the many doors.

There's blood everywhere, and the tears continue to blur my vision as I beg and cry.

Sauli holds me so I don't fall to the ground, feeling too weak to stand alone right now.

He cries silently, the tears streaming down his pale cheeks without his voice making a sound. Not even a sob could escape.

Everywhere around his upper body is covered in blood, and this is a sight I could never forget. We get to the last door before there is emergency rooms and OR's and the doctor stops us.

"Please, you have to help him. Please." I beg. My voice cracking as I almost whisper the words.

"We will do everything we can. We have to operate to get the bullet out and fix the artery near his heart that has been hit. It was hit on an angle so it will make the surgery a little tougher, but I can assure you I have done surgeries worse than this, and everything has been fine. I'm sure this one won't be any different." He then turns and runs through the doors before disappearing into another room.

We sit down on 2 chairs against the wall and I basically scream.

"He's going to be okay. He's strong. He'll be okay." Sauli says, and I can tell he's trying more to convince himself of his words.

After that he kind of goes into shock, and just keeps repeating 'He'll be okay'.

An hour passes, and all I want is word on how he is. I don't know if he's in surgery, or if he's dead, or anything. I just want to know what's going on.

I stand up quickly as the same doctor walks through the door and comes toward us.

"You can't be done already. Please tell me that he's okay." I start to feel nauseous, like I'm going to throw up and pass out at the same time.

"We're unable to operate right now. We have directed the blood flow enough to keep him at a critical level, which isn't quite stable, but it's a lot better than nothing." He says with a comforting expression. But let me tell you, it's anything but comforting.

"What do you mean you can't operate right now?" Sauli says as he stands up and seems to welcome back reality.

"Because of the amount of blood he's already lost, opening him up and operating could kill him without a blood transfusion." He says sadly. Is he fucking serious?!

"Then get him that blood transfusion!" I yell at him, getting so pissed off its maddening.

"He can't." Sauli whispers, looking down.

"Why the fuck not?" I hate getting angry at him, but I hate being left out of the dark like this, especially in this situation.

"Adam has a rare blood type, A negative. It's almost impossible to find a donor. And even if they had his type here; I doubt it would be nearly enough." Sauli says quietly and the doctor nods his head.

"We don't have a single drop of A negative here. I'm sorry, but for now there is nothing we can do. I hate to say this, but...it doesn't look like he'd make it through the night." I sit back down, completely shocked and numb.

I can't feel anything. I can't see anything. I can't hear anything.

I feel dead.

"O negative." I whisper, everything whipping back.