Chapter 31 - Teaching Happiness

A/N: Hey babes!! So i made this chappie a little longer because i go on christmas holidays soon and may not update for 6 weeks :( but after that you will get frequent updates. I may update once or twice if i get the chance but idk. Here is another crap chapter! :) don't forget to vote, comment and share it wherever you can :) and please do the same for my Saulbert one shot Behind Closed Eyes, and then my other book of short stories that i will update if people like them, it's called Smile At My Scars. So yeah haha love you my little saviours <3 xoxoxoxo

-Em xo

Chapter 31:

We made it to London.

After another 8 hours we finally made it. Never have I been so thankful to get off a plane.

I hardly talked to Alex. I just told him I was tired and slept half of the time, faking it the other half. The seat belt sign turns off as the plane comes to a complete stop, and I'm one of the first out of my seat.

I reach up and grab my bag, pulling it down and finding Alex in front of me with a worried expression.

"Can I at least get your number? We did make a deal." The bridge. Right.

"I've never been good at making friends. Is there even a point in starting now?" I ask honestly, though I mean it as rhetorical. There is no point.

I made a deal with myself. No more new people. No more hurting anyone.

"There is always a point in being happy." I turn my head away, biting the inside of my cheek so I don't cry again.

"Who said I knew how to be happy?" I say with a slight scoff.

I walk towards Adam as he smiles at me and holds out his hand. I fake a smile and interlock our fingers, feeling safer now.

"It could always be taught." I hear a voice yell to me just before we leave the first class area.

I turn around, letting go of Adam's hand as he stands there in confusion.

"Something like that can't be taught to someone like me." A sad look masks his face and I have to turn around and continue walking before I run up to him and saying something stupid.

"You okay?" The plane is left of our presence and we walk down the hall into the airport.

"I will be." I smile up at him and he kisses the top of my head.

***

We get to the huge hotel and I truly smile at the magnificent sight. It looks like a palace.

"Wow..." I say as we get out of the taxi. I continue to stare at the hotel and I look at Adam with a gleaming grin.

"I'm guessing you like it." He chuckles.

"I love it." I almost yell, excitement lacing my words.

"Come on; let's go check out our room." We almost run, looking like children as we laugh and spin around inside the hotel. Crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling, the front desk is wooden and has at least 6 people working there, booking people in.

We walk towards it, still giggling, and a woman in a nice uniform smiles at us.

"How can I help you?" She says with a bubbliness to her spirit.

"Booking for Lambert." Adam says, standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

The gesture is cute until he starts to tickle my sides and makes me laugh and almost scream for him to stop.

"Stop, that tickles." I say with a laugh as he continues on.

"You 2 are so cute. Are you...related?" She seems to struggle with the right words, not sure how we are acquainted.