Chapter 22 - Everybody Has A Dark Side

A/N: sorry for not updating when I said I would! I completely forget and I'm sorry :( but I'm kinda happy because something amazing happened last night :') I have a boyfriend!!!!!! He hehehehe Yayayayayaya!! He asked me out on Facebook last night and we hugged for the first time today and his names Scott and he's really cute and so nice and funny and he said I was beautiful, smart, funny and pretty :D I really really like him!!

Hope you like this chapter and you can have another one tomorrow if you are good and vote and comment! I love your beautiful comments <3 I love you my little saviours :)

-Em xo

Chapter 22:

Adam's POV:

It's been 3 days, and I haven't left the hospital. Sauli has left once to quickly go home and grab a change of clothes. I've showered and changed but I still refuse to eat.

How can I when my daughter is lying there in a coma she might not wake up from? Exactly. I can't.

I've slept here every night and so has Sauli. We can't leave her side, not now.

"Mr Lambert?" A doctor says as he walks in, knocking on the open door slightly.

"Yes?" I ask, still holding Darcy's hand and sitting in the same chair next to her bed.

"It's time for Darcy's MRI brain scan. It's just to see if there is any activity in her brain, to see when or even if she will wake up." He smiles briefly and I nod my head.

He walks out of the room and then comes back a couple of seconds later with 2 male nurses. They unlock the wheels on her bed, and unplug a few monitors, switching them to the big batteries so she can continue breathing with their help. She is wheeled out after I kiss her forehead and tell her I'll see her soon.

I sit down in the chair and put my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.

"Where did they take her?" Sauli asks as he walks in with 2 coffees, handing me one and sitting in the seat next to me.

"They took her for an MRI to see if she had any brain activity. She should be back within an hour." You could easily see the black circles under my eyes, and the paleness of my skin. I looked like death warmed up, but I honestly couldn't care.

"Maybe you should go home and get some real sleep. I know you haven't been sleeping properly ever since that night." He takes my hand and kisses the back of it, and I sigh lightly, nodding my head.

"You should come home to, just for a night." I try to convince him but he shakes his head.

"I'm ok. Someone needs to be here in case she wakes up. I'm just not ready to leave her yet." He smiles weakly and I know it's completely forced.

***

I kiss her forehead and then Sauli's lips, before leaving the room.

The doctor said that there is a little more activity going on, so she has a better chance of waking up.

I walk into the elevator and press the button for the ground floor. After a minute or two, the doors open and I walk out.

I leave the hospital and drive home, though I hesitate even starting my car for a good 10 minutes.

The front door is unlocked and I walk in, turning on all the lights. It feels so sad here, like depression fills every inch of the air. It's suffocating.

I walk up the stairs and passed my room. I need to see hers first. To know that she really isn't in there, and that this is all real. But everything in me wants her to be there. In her bed, sleeping or talking to my Glambert's on Twitter.