Chapter 3 - I Love Her Momma

Chapter 3:

Adam's POV:

I sit down at the kitchen island, my hands wrapped around a warm mug full of coffee. I divulge into my thoughts, but am quickly brought out of them by a knock at the door. I walk to the door and open it with a surprised look at the person on the other side.

"Mum? What are you doing here? It's 11 o'clock at night." I say with a laugh, hugging my mum close.

We separate and I shut the door behind her as she walks through into the kitchen. I follow her in, and take my seat again, mum sitting next to me.

"I thought I would come by and see how you're doing. I know you spent 2 weeks seeing her on and off, but it couldn't be easy having her here now. How are you both holding up?" She asks, looking at me hopefully. I let out a sigh and shake my head.

"Not that well momma. You have no idea how hard it is to deal with it all. She hardly ever speaks, never makes eye contact. The thing is though, I don't care about that stuff. All I care about is her happiness, and she doesn't seem happy. She seems so upset, and scared of everything. She seems scared... of me." I say sadly, turning my head to look at mum on my left.

"Maybe she didn't have a good life. It's going to be hard for her, and you need to realise that. She lost her mum 2 weeks ago, and moved into a stranger's home in a different country on the other side of the world." Mum says. She's always been good with advice and understanding things easily.

"But I'm not a stranger. She's a Glambert; she has been for 2 years. They know me better than anyone else, besides my family. I don't understand it momma." I say honestly, taking a sip of my coffee.

"That's the thing. She knows Adam Lambert, the singer. Your fans love your music, and they love you for who you are. But none of them have seen you grow up, or know what you're like every day. They only see what you're like on Twitter, in photos, in interviews and keeks, and concerts. Sure that portrays what you are like, and they do know your personality. But she is now living with you, and she sees what you're like every second of the day. She's going to get to know you as her guardian, and that isn't easy. Of course she will be scared. It could take forever, the thing is though, are you ready to wait for that long if it does take forever?" I hate when she's right.

I think about it for a couple of minutes, before answering truthfully.

"I love her. Ever since I saw her that night, and I saw the sign she held up at the concert, I felt a wave of protection wash over me. I looked into her light blue eyes, and I saw myself. I saw a girl who is broken, and needed a home when one was silently screamed for. I felt like I had known her all my life, and that it was a part of Gods plans for us to meet. I would give anything for her to have her mum back, and to be happy again. But I know that the only thing I can do, is take on my role, and become someone she can trust and rely on." I say with all honesty and strength I can muster, confidence lacing my words together.

"And that's what you need to hold on to." She leans over and kisses my forehead, placing her hand on my cheek, and wiping her thumb under my eye. I lean into her motherly touch, and smile with my eyes closed.

"You made me everything I am today." I say as she pulls her hand away.

"I guess I did a pretty good job then." She laughs. I chuckle and nod my head, agreeing with her.

"I better go, it's getting late." Mum says sadly.

"It was good seeing you again mum. I'll see you soon." I say as we walk to the front door.

I open the door, and wrap her in a hug. She hugs me back and then pulls away, kissing my cheek and walking to her car. We wave goodbye as she speeds down the road, and I laugh to myself.

I decide to call it a night and I turn off all the lights, walking up the stairs. I reach my room and open the door, sighing as I put my weight on the arm connected to the door handle. I let go of the door and walk towards my king-sized bed.

I take off my shirt, and slip into some grey sweat pants. I pull back the blankets on my bed, and lie down in the warmth of my bed, pulling the blankets over me. I lie on my back and stare up at the ceiling, pondering the thoughts of the universe.

What am I going to do? What if she never trusts me? I meant everything I told mum, but what if Darcy changes her mind?

I don't even want to think about the possibility of her being thrown around from home to home. A friend of mine in high school, a good friend, was a foster kid. He was in a different house every month, the longest was 2 months, but the abuse was terrible.

I don't know how these people qualified to look after kids, because they certainly didn't do him any good. He would always come to school with bruises and be extremely sore, but would always say that it was nothing, that he deserved it. But no one ever deserves to be hurt like he was. No one deserves to feel worthless.

I guess I'm a hypocrite though, in a way. I wear the most outrages clothes, and act different to most singers when I'm on stage, but people forget that I'm also human.

They take one look at a celebrity, and see someone who donates money just to reduce tax. They see someone whose fame goes to their head. I'm not like that though, I'm different. It's not easy being classed as 'the gay guy'. I'm so much more than that. My sexuality is only a small part of who I am.

Like I've said before, I auditioned for American Idol so I could live my dreams. I never thought about the money. I'm now living the life I have always wanted, and now there is another addition to it.

I do worry how management and the media are going to take my new addition. But no matter what other people say, I will never let her go if she wants to stay. I will never let them take her away from someone who loves her and wants to protect her.

When she's ready, she'll meet my family and friends, and I know they will love her and welcome her with open arms. She's going to be one of us. One day, and with her blessing, I want to adopt her. I want her to be completely mine.

Darcy Lambert. It has a nice ring to it don't you think?

I don't care that people may think I'm too young. I'm 31 already, and I want a family.

She already means the world to me, and I will never let any harm come to my little girl. One day she will trust me completely, and we will have that relationship that close parents and kids have. Until then, our journey may be long and hard, but I know we will get there in the end.

I just want to give her a good life, one with a new family, and that's exactly what I intend to do.