Chapter 4

**Beowulf**

One week. It has only been one week and yet Braider has managed to make my life a living hell. I have to drive him to school in the morning, then he waits for me until I get out of training for me to take him back to my house. Really it's just plain old torture having him in my truck, especially if there is fucking shitty traffic.

Everyday after training I would go and lock myself in my bedroom until dinner time, but today I didn't make it up the stairs in time. Today Braider managed to grab me by my jacket and push me up against the wall, which is how I am now.

"Listen you fucking asshole," Braider hisses at me. "I don't like you so you better stay away from me,"

I am much bigger than Braider, I could easily push him away from me, but I can't bring myself to. I can't bring myself to lay a finger on Braider knowing his mother is dying, no matter how big of an asshole he is.

"What do you think I've been doing all week asshole?" I growl back at him. His pea green eyes glare slits at me.

Braider's hand flies to my throat, his fingers tightening around it cutting off my air supply. I try to push him away so I can breath but he only slams my head against the wall until I see spots.

"I mean it, stay away you fag!" He hisses so close to my face that I can smell his wretched breath, his brown hair flopping as he moves. "I want the keys to your truck,"

My eyes bug out of my head. "Fuck off!" I try to yell, only it's barely above a whisper from my lack of oxygen.

Braider slams my head against the wall again, his fingers tighten impossibly tight, he slams my head three more times, the black splotches behind my closed eyes getting bigger.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I gasp out as my body starts to go limp. I am lightheaded from lack of oxygen, my eyes bugging from my head.

"Keys, now," He demands.

I have to force the energy to move my muscles. My hands are useless as Braider has a tight hold of them in an odd angle. So I use my feet to knock off his footing. His hold on my throat loosens enough for me to gasp for air and manage to push him away.

Braider barley catches himself as he stumbles away. I have to use the wall as I continue to gasp for air. My throat is hot and tight, it aches from the tight grasp Braider had on it. I glare daggers at my cousin just a foot away from me.

"You can try to abuse me as much as you want, Braider," I say. "But the second you try to take from me, especially my truck, that is when you will regret everything. I will personally kill you myself if you try anything with my truck." I hiss at the younger boy.

Braider looks stunned from me fighting back so I use that to my advantage. I clamp my hands into fists as I pick my backpack back up from the floor, I don't even know when it fell off. I glare one last time at Braider before going up the stairs.

"You can just fuck yourself!" I holler down the stairs before slamming my bedroom door and locking it.

Braider can continue to abuse me, I really don't care, I can take care of myself if I need to. But the second he tries to touch or take my stuff I will snap. My truck costs more than Braider himself and all his belongings. I'll be dammed if I ever let that bastard have my truck.

*****555*****

A knock at my bedroom door has me jumping out of my skin. I was in the process of inspecting the damage on my neck that Braider did. So far he has managed to imprint my neck with a perfect bruise in the shape of his hand.