Chapter 17

**Above is the song that Beowulf plays during his workout... at least one of them... HAHA. Limp Bizkit "Eat You Alive"

**Beowulf**

I have to admit that I had fun with Newbie. I did want to see that movie, but once we got talking I totally forgot about the movie. I liked learning about Newbie for some odd reason. It was like I couldn't learn enough about him so I had to ask another question. I will also admit that I did flirt with him a bit, at first I was unsure about it, but then they just started coming to me.

I flop down on my bed with a smile on my face. It's already 9:50, Ridge and I spent the whole day together practically. We ate ice-cream, walked, sat on the swing set at some random park to talk some more, then we just went to a Diner and ate dinner where we talked some more. I actually ended up having a good day and even agreed to do it again sometime.

The smile doesn't leave my face even as I drift off to sleep.

*****555****

Sundays. Sundays are depressing.

Sundays are depressing because you know the next day is Monday, meaning school. I hate school. I only go to school because I have to in order to Box, otherwise I would be ditching school and just going to practice.

I groan as I drag myself from my bed and shake the sleep away. The only good thing about Sundays are my workouts with my dad. My dad likes to keep fit, and our little bursts of Boxing helps him keep in shape since he doesn't really do anything else to be considered a workout.

I go to the bathroom and do my business, brush my teeth, and wipe a wet washcloth over my face to help wake me up some more. I am yawning as I pull on a pair of gray shorts and a white wife beater.

By the time I finally get down stairs it is already eleven. I yawn as I place my phone on the kitchen counter and prepare my oatmeal with cut fruit. I like my oatmeal and cut fruit, don't judge me.

"Hey, baby," I jump from my mother's voice. I spin around with my oatmeal spoon sticking out of my mouth. My mother smiles and giggles as she picks up one of the uncut strawberries.

"Morning," I mumble around my spoon.

"Baby, don't talk with that spoon in your mouth," My mother giggles before nibbling on her strawberry.

I pull the spoon from my mouth and plop it back into my oatmeal. "Sorry,"

My mother smiles even wider as she leans her hip against the counter. "So, Beo, baby,"

"What?" I ask uncertain from the look she gives me.

"You came home pretty late last night."

"I did, but I don't have a curfew, plus I was back before ten so, I'm sorry if that was inappropriate behavior, I thought I was fine." I apologize.

My mother shakes her head as she steals another strawberry. "Beowulf, honestly, I am glad you came home so late,"

"What?" I ask stunned.

"Well, it's good of you to get out of the house to do something fun other than training."

"Mom, training is fun for me,"

"Not the type of fun I am talking about though." She says. "I'm glad you went out and had some fun."

I nod my head unsure what to say so I shove another spoonful of oatmeal in my mouth.

"Am I to ever meet my son's new friend?" She suddenly asks.

I finish off my oatmeal before clearing my throat. "Maybe, if he wants to." I know Newbie wants to meet mom and dad, which is odd since kids hate meeting the parents.

"If he wants to? You mean you haven't told him how cool I am yet?" Mom asks with a pout. "Beo, I'm truly ashamed of you,"

I laugh as I rinse out my bowl and place it in the dishwasher. "Ma, if you think being an obsessed English professor is cool, then I think you need to look up the definition for cool."

"Hey, I am not obsessed young man," She scoffs. "I am just very passionate,"

"You need to look up that definition too," I laugh and run out of the kitchen before she has the chance to hit me in the shoulder, which she planned on doing from the look in her eye.

I go down to the basement where we have the laundry room and my workout equipment. I push play on my iPod that I leave hooked up to the iHome already. Limp Bizkit, Eat you Alive, starts to blare in the room and echoing off the walls. I'm honestly surprised that my mother doesn't complain about how loud my music is since I know she can hear it upstairs, especially considering the lyrics to most of the songs I listen to. Oh well, my mom really is just cool I guess.

I do a few quick stretches before I pick up my jump rope and go at it. I usually rope for fifteen minutes straight before going at my punching bag for twenty minutes, before repeating.

****555****

Two hours later I am drenching sweat and panting like a dog about to have a heat stroke. I finished off the last water bottle left in the mini fridge yet I still want more water so I shut off the iHome and trudge up the stairs. I wipe the sweat from my eyes as I walk into the kitchen only to stop short in the doorway.

Newbie sits at the Island eating a sandwich with my mother. Newbie turns in his seat to look at me before mom does.

"Hey, Beowulf," Newbie smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I walk to the fridge and pull out another water bottle.

"Well," My mother says. "He called only a few minutes after you went down and since you left your phone on the counter I couldn't just let it ring. So I took the liberty of answering it for you," Her smile turns into a scowl. "Why is his caller ID 'Newbie' in your phone?"

I shrug my shoulders as I chug down my water, some of the water dribbling down my chin.

"Ugh, baby, go shower, you're sweating all over my floor," Mom scoffs.

I lick my lips and wipe the water from my chin with the back of my hand. "You don't like me sweating, ma?" I ask with a smirk.

"Ugh, you are your father's son,"

I chuckle before kissing her on the cheek and leaving the kitchen to take the stairs two at a time. I strip my clothes off on my way to the shower and toss the sweaty clothes in the hamper in the bathroom.

My shower is hot and steamy as I wash all of the sweat from my workout away. I can't help wonder about Newbie though. Why did he call me? Why is he sitting in my kitchen eating a sandwich with my mother? Oh god, he's eating a sandwich with my mother! That means they are talking! Who knows how long they have been at that!

I hurry my shower up and throw on a low riding pair of jeans and a random shirt before I practically run down the stairs and back into the kitchen choking on air.

"Baby, are you alright?" My mom asks as she hurries over to pat me on the back.

"I'm fine, ma, thanks," I say and swat her hand away. I glare at her for a moment before glaring at Newbie, who's sandwich is now gone. "What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing much," Mom says as she walks to the fridge. "You want a sandwich for lunch? I know how hungry you get after a workout."

"Sure, thanks," I say and eye Newbie. "Now, what did you really talk about?" I ask him.

Newbie smirks at me. "Oh just your life story and all the embarrassing things," He says calmly.

________________________555___________________________

Author's Blurb

5/12/16

If you haven't realized I am obsessed with Limp Bizkit.... :D