Sneak Peek at Sebastian

**James** 

I found myself idling my car outside the Helias high school in Jefferson City Missouri. Did I expect to travel across a whole state? No, not at all. I had no idea where I was going, not the slightest clue. I sure as hell did not expect Missouri though. But my wolf pushed me here, he was quite bossy about it too if I might add. I can't argue about being here though, my wolf senses our mate. I can't sense her yet but I trust my wolf. A wolf is never wrong. Which is also why I am so jumpy and excited right now.

The students stand in mainly groups of threes, sometimes more, other students walk by themselves. I watch a group of five boys passing something around, probably a joint, as they huddle closely together in the chilly morning air. You can already see your breath in the air, which only causes the boys to create a giant cloud around them with all the smoke and frosty air.

I park my car farthest from everyone else in the student parking lot, no need getting hit or scratched by these idiots. I turn the Volvo S60 off and get out to stretch my legs. I didn't even stop to get any rest last night as I let my wolf guide me across the state of Missouri to wind up here. I have been driving for a week already, both my wolf and I too anxious to stop and properly rest or go for a run.

A few people watch me curiously. So far I haven't seen a vehicle as nice as mine yet so that would explain their wide eyes. Not to brag or anything... but my Volvo S60 has a sleek black body that would put any vehicle to shame. My Beta, Ridge, and I like to have racing competitions when we get the time since he has a BMW along with his truck.

I smile at the memories of racing Ridge on an open highway somewhere back home. Ridge is dealing with his own mate right now. He met him only a month ago yet he is having no luck with him, Beowulf just doesn't seem to want to give in the mating bond. I haven't mentioned it to Ridge, although I'm pretty sure he has thought about it himself already, but what if Beowulf can't even feel the mating bond? It is unheard of a Beta having a male mate. The Alpha and Beta are supposed to have females in order to carry on the bloodline, but somehow Ridge was mated with a male. What if Beowulf never feels the mating bond and never accepts Ridge? That will crush him!

A rejected wolf could do serious damage. If the mate is his true mate, which Ridge swears Beowulf is, then being rejected could lead to a number of problems? Ridge could go crazy and let go of his wolf, causing his wolf to take over completely and become a rouge. Ridge could get so depressed that he lets himself slowly rot. He could commit suicide. He could lose his mind and go evil. There is a number of problems that could happen to Ridge if he is rejected by his true mate.

A mate is supposed to bring you joy and love. A mate is supposed to accept you for who you are. A mate is supposed bring you comfort. Bear you pups. Let you protect them. Be there for them. And most of all, a mate is supposed to be yours for life.

I sigh loudly as I lock my car and walk to the school building doors. People stare as I make my way. Of course they stare, I'm new here. Maybe the attention of a new kid will draw my mate out. I smile to myself as I walk into the office of the school. I know finding my mate will most likely not be that easy though.

"Hey, I'm new here and need to register," I say to the woman behind the large desk. I can smell the scents of werewolves in the room. Interesting, now I will have to make myself known and show that I am not a threat.

The woman looks up at me with a bored expression on her face. She glances over her shoulder at a girl with her nose buried in her phone as she sits on a counter. This woman is definitely not a werewolf, just a crabby ageing woman having a bad hair day.